Chris Davis: I’ll be at Spring Training and I’m not going anywhere

Legend_Of_Joey

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/12/orioles-hire-scout-quincy-boyd-chris-davis-talks-about-offseason.html

“I think the biggest thing for me this offseason so far has just been to get away from everything. Obviously, I have to get back to 100 percent health, which I feel like I’m doing. But for me, I really think it’s just taking a step back and taking a break. I’ve been really grinding, especially during the offseasons the last couple of years, and I think it’s just taken a toll on me. I’ve talked to several guys who have gone through similar things in their careers and pretty much everybody has kind of said the same thing. Maybe it’s just time to take a step back and take a deep breath and get back after it after the beginning of the year, whenever it is.”

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've been surprised how much support he gets on r/baseball.  Maybe these current statements will change that.

It's frigging incredible how nakedly shameless those comments are.

Like, I'm almost surprised he didn't flip off the camera and say "this one's for all the fans out there."

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Reminds me of the White Sox player who was pissed when he couldn't have his son hang out in the dugout 24/7.  Because it wasn't about winning games, it was about his son having a MLB experience and spending time with his son.  Remind me of his name. 

Was that Adam Dunn late in his career?

11 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Reminds me of the White Sox player who was pissed when he couldn't have his son hang out in the dugout 24/7.  Because it wasn't about winning games, it was about his son having a MLB experience and spending time with his son.  Remind me of his name. 

Adam LaRoche. He walked away from $13 million though. Wish Chris Davis would do that.

30 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

From Roch

Can't believe no one talked about this? He thinks he deserves a mulligan because of Covid!

The idea of retiring was more pronounced last winter. Davis said he felt like the truncated season didn’t allow him to get a “fair shake,” which removed the thought of quitting from the table.