2021 HOF vote

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea, those old school guys were such beacons of character and integrity.

Fixing stuff like this is simple, take his vote away.  My guess is he did this to attract attention and he succeeded in that.  He obviously isn't interested in the actual process of enshrining players in the Hall.

Some of their contemporaries thought that the old school guys were beacons of character and integrity.  So what if Mountain Landis did his best to keep blacks out of baseball?  He banned 8 members of the 1919 White Sox.

Maybe he did it to attract attention, but that attention doesn't last past 5 minutes.  No one's going to remember David Skretta in a week from now.  No one can name the voters who didn't vote for Cal Ripken and prevented him from being picked unanimously.

My guess is that David Skretta likes being on the moral highground and likes to remind people how virtuous he is.  

There are many voters who don’t vote for players with a known history of using PEDs.     This guy is hardly alone on that score.   As to the players who are eligible for the first time, do any deserve to be in the HOF?

Personally, I’d vote for Schilling.   I’m not a fan of his political views or various things he’s done or said since his playing career ended, but he deserves to be in the HOF for what he did on the field.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There are many voters who don’t vote for players with a known history of using PEDs.     This guy is hardly alone on that score.   As to the players who are eligible for the first time, do any deserve to be in the HOF?

Personally, I’d vote for Schilling.   I’m not a fan of his political views or various things he’s done or said since his playing career ended, but he deserves to be in the HOF for what he did on the field.

He didn't even give that as a reason. 

Not sure why you are asking about first year eligible players.

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

He didn't even give that as a reason. 

Not sure why you are asking about first year eligible players.

Because anyone who is a repeater obviously had at least 25% of voters vote against them in each year they’ve been eligible.   So this guy isn’t out there on an island regarding those candidates.   

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...