The defense thread 2021

Frobby

I really think Adley will eventually help turn this whole defense around the way Wieters solidified a lot of things in conjunction with Hardy. It didn't take Wieters long to take charge of the field out there even though he was young and I see the same thing with Adley. 

Unfortunately, I don't really see a strong SS candidate in the system. Gunnar is a 3B at best and I have my doubts about even that, defensively speaking. Westburg, we'll see but we know nothing about him yet. Martin is a UTIL. Hall is looking lke a UTIL right now. Hernaiz is young with a lot to prove. Etc. 

18 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

Only two errors on that play ?

Plus a mental error, as Urias never should have thrown the ball home in the first place.   The runner was basically planted at 3B before Urias threw the ball.   

30 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Hoping Stewart losing weight helps him in the outfield. His arm is legit. I will be very curious to see what happens when Hays is healthy. 

Hays is a much better outfielder and hitter when he is healthy than Stewart.   I hope Hays takes over LF and  Stewart gives Hays, Mullins, Santander, Mountcastle days off by playing LF, RF and DH when needed

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Plus a mental error, as Urias never should have thrown the ball home in the first place.   The runner was basically planted at 3B before Urias threw the ball.   

Oh, it was horrendous.   You would be done for the day for that in high school.

4 hours ago, interloper said:

I really think Adley will eventually help turn this whole defense around the way Wieters solidified a lot of things in conjunction with Hardy. It didn't take Wieters long to take charge of the field out there even though he was young and I see the same thing with Adley. 

Unfortunately, I don't really see a strong SS candidate in the system. Gunnar is a 3B at best and I have my doubts about even that, defensively speaking. Westburg, we'll see but we know nothing about him yet. Martin is a UTIL. Hall is looking lke a UTIL right now. Hernaiz is young with a lot to prove. Etc. 

You left out Grenier!