Jorge Lopez 2021

Il BuonO

3 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I’m going to keep banging this drum - his best fit is a two or three inning opener who goes about once through the order. 

I believe the Orioles are aware of this but there is no reason to not try to and push him in the early going. The Red Sox have a lethal lineup and the first series was quite the anomaly. They destroyed Rays pitching and kept it going against us this weekend. I think it would be wise to see how these next four series go against bad lineups before making any changes.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I believe the Orioles are aware of this but there is no reason to not try to and push him in the early going. The Red Sox have a lethal lineup and the first series was quite the anomaly. They destroyed Rays pitching and kept it going against us this weekend. I think it would be wise to see how these next four series go against bad lineups before making any changes.  

This is a fair take. 

1 hour ago, TommyPickles said:

The bullpen really hasn't done Lopez any favors. Everyone he leaves on base for them seems to score...

That’s because they actually have all scored.   5 left on, 5 scored.   That said, perhaps he should try putting fewer runners on base.   10 baserunners in 4+ IP yesterday.   Three straight walks before he was relieved in his first start, three straight singles to start the inning before he was relieved yesterday.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LTO's said:

That's a fair point. The other side of that coin, though, is that there is potentially value in getting him in a role he is better suited to that may allow him to flourish and show himself to be a piece for the future. Generally I would be in favor of letting him try ot be a starter until it's clear he can't be one, but he has such a start contrast between times through the order - combined with good stuff that really seems to play up in shorter outings - that I think he could have a real value in that other role (value that I don't see ever materializing as a starter).

This dude has the highest or one of highest ERAs of active pitchers with over 200 IP. He owns a robust 6.31 ERA over his AAA stints. I get that Akin had a bad ST, and we Plutko was a late addition, but we Lopez isn’t needed anymore. He’s had his chances over like 5 MLB seasons. Mike Wright is jealous of the chances this dude has had. 

Plutko to rotation or call Akin up. I assume Akin’s made some sim game starts at this point. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This dude has the highest or one of highest ERAs of active pitchers with over 200 IP. He owns a robust 6.31 ERA over his AAA stints. I get that Akin had a bad ST, and we Plutko was a late addition, but we Lopez isn’t needed anymore. He’s had his chances over like 5 MLB seasons. Mike Wright is jealous of the chances this dude has had. 

Plutko to rotation or call Akin up. I assume Akin’s made some sim game starts at this point. 

They like his stuff and think the high speed cams can harness his natural ability. Lopez has a change and curveball, plus a mid 90's fastball. He's got the pitches, he just needs some tweaking and they think eventually it will work. There isnt really any other great options to replace him. 

5 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

They like his stuff and think the high speed cams can harness his natural ability. Lopez has a change and curveball, plus a mid 90's fastball. He's got the pitches, he just needs some tweaking and they think eventually it will work. There isnt really any other great options to replace him. 

Or he's just a body here to help play out the string this season.

32 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I dont think they feel bad about sending him out there until some AAA guys show their ready.

Which, unfortunately for literally everybody, is still like 2 weeks from even starting. And then another month before you have some results to go on. Really a shame the minors are starting late. 

o

Lopez will try to lasso the Rangers ...... 

T EXAS RANGERS )))))) (April 16th) 

Isiah Kiner-Falefa - SS

Davis Nathaniel Lowe - 1B

Joseph Gallo - RF

Jose Adolis Garcia Arrieta - LF

David Dahl - DH

Nicholas Solak - 2B

Jose Trevino, Jr. -C

Anderson Alexander "A.A." Tejeda - 3B

Leody Taveras Salazar - CF

Michael Gary Foltynewicz - RHP )) (0-2, 4.09 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o

On 4/13/2021 at 2:33 PM, interloper said:

Which, unfortunately for literally everybody, is still like 2 weeks from even starting. And then another month before you have some results to go on. Really a shame the minors are starting late. 

They are playing the Nats farm team twice a week right now, and I’m sure scrimmaging like last year in between.    I’m sure that gives some idea how they’re throwing.   Let’s remember that Akin and Kremer were both pretty sharp when called up last year in a similar environment.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:15 PM, Frobby said:

That’s because they actually have all scored.   5 left on, 5 scored.   That said, perhaps he should try putting fewer runners on base.   10 baserunners in 4+ IP yesterday.   Three straight walks before he was relieved in his first start, three straight singles to start the inning before he was relieved yesterday.   

Hyde shouldn't escape significant blame for that.

o

This was Lopez' best outing of this still very-young season so far ...... he only walked 1 batter, and the only 2 hits that he ceded were 2 solo home runs in his 5th and final inning of work.

87% of the outs that Lopez recorded (13 out of 15) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

15 OUTS: )  8 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 1 Flyout, 1 Lineout

JORGE YABIELOPEZ RAMOS )))))))) (vs. RANGERS, 4/16)

IP:l.l5

H:llll.2 ) l(2 Home Runs)

R:llll 2

BB:ll1

SO:ll8

Pitches: l) 75 )(49 )Strikes, )26 )Balls)

2021 ERA: l) 8.56 )  13.67 IP  (13 ER) 

2021 WHIP: l)  1.317  )  13.67 IP  (18 H/BB) 

2021 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .245  )(13 for 53)   

PITCHES BY INNING  

11 llll(8lllStrikes, lll.31 lllBalls)

13 llll(9lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

10 llll(9lllStrikes, llll11 lllBalls)

20 llll(10 lllStrikes, lll10 lllllBalls)

21 lllll(13 llllStrikes, llll81 llllBalls)

o