Jorge Lopez 2021

Il BuonO

MLB needs to expand the size of the active roster. Much easier than trying to cultivate pitchers who can go 6+ innings. Wd like to see a lot more pinchhitting and defensive replacements, which makes the boxscores more difficult to read and weeds out the imbeciles with short attention spans and poor ability to reconstruct scenarios. Managers should cuss, turn their caps around, and kick the dirt around home plate more. Turn down the music so we can eavesdrop on other fans at the stadium more effectively.

13 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s horrible when you have so many mediocre guys in the pen who are here just because they can eat innings.  You have those innings covered imo.

The quality of the relievers is an entirely different issue.  You specifically said that a three man bench is horrible.  You didn't say anything about the mediocrity of the bullpen.   Don't move the goalposts on me!

57 minutes ago, LA2 said:

MLB needs to expand the size of the active roster. Much easier than trying to cultivate pitchers who can go 6+ innings. Wd like to see a lot more pinchhitting and defensive replacements, which makes the boxscores more difficult to read and weeds out the imbeciles with short attention spans and poor ability to reconstruct scenarios. Managers should cuss, turn their caps around, and kick the dirt around home plate more. Turn down the music so we can eavesdrop on other fans at the stadium more effectively.

I read the first sentence and started to post a disagreement.  Then I read the rest and recognized the sarcasm. ?

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

The quality of the relievers is an entirely different issue.  You specifically said that a three man bench is horrible.  You didn't say anything about the mediocrity of the bullpen.   Don't move the goalposts on me!

I’m not..and the fact that the relievers are mediocre isn’t really my point.  The point is that they are keeping mediocre relievers because they can throw several innings.  They are sacrificing talent for that imo.

So, because they have the innings covered(this is actually the point, not the mediocre stuff so no need to really focus on it), it’s horrible to have a 3 man bench and let’s face it, it’s really a 2 man bench because of how careful you have to be with the back up C.

Just hamstrings the manager.

You go to extremes to make your points.  You don't simply disagree with Elias, you call him "lazy" and "idiotic."  The three man bench isn't a problem, it's "horrible."  You do it all the time.  There's no room for disagreement when you use extreme labels and name calling.  I think the three man bench is less than ideal, not horrible.  Simply time to move on.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

You go to extremes to make your points.  You don't simply disagree with Elias, you call him "lazy" and "idiotic."  The three man bench isn't a problem, it's "horrible."  You do it all the time.  There's no room for disagreement when you use extreme labels and name calling.  I think the three man bench is less than ideal, not horrible.  Simply time to move on.

I’ll just have to live with it.  It saddens me so.

Its also my opinion that at times they are being lazy or making stupid decisions.  

It’s your opinion they aren’t.  I think your opinion is wrong but I’m not going to be so overly sensitive about it either.

Im going to say what I feel and tell it like it is as I see it.  If you don’t like that, sorry but oh well, no worries on my end.

33 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I read the first sentence and started to post a disagreement.  Then I read the rest and recognized the sarcasm. ?

Haha, but seriously: What is your reason for *not* expanding the active roster size--too much dilution or regression of skills?

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’ll just have to live with it.  It saddens me so.

Its also my opinion that at times they are being lazy or making stupid decisions.  

It’s your opinion they aren’t.  I think your opinion is wrong but I’m not going to be so overly sensitive about it either.

Im going to say what I feel and tell it like it is as I see it.  If you don’t like that, sorry but oh well, no worries on my end.

The question is whether you are posting just to vent, which is fine, or actually try to engage with other people and potentially convince them of your position. 

19 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

The question is whether you are posting just to vent, which is fine, or actually try to engage with other people and potentially convince them of your position. 

I’m just posting.  If people engage, they do.  If they don’t, they don’t.

End of the day, I’m not going to hold back on my opinion because some people take it too personally.  That’s on them.

If some posts something like, I think this is dumb or whatever and I feel like engaging them, I will.  If I don’t feel like it, I don’t.  It’s a very simple thing to do.

It is my opinion that it’s a horrible decision to hamstring a manager with a 3 man bench.  If some people (or one person) doesn’t like the use of the word horrible, oh well.  I’m sure I will still get sleep tonight.  :)

12 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Haha, but seriously: What is your reason for *not* expanding the active roster size--too much dilution or regression of skills?

I think a limited roster forces players, particularly pitchers, to be multi-faceted and less specialized.  Expanding rosters makes the current pitching trends even worse.  The biggest reason for 3 true outcomes, in my opinion, is that so many pitchers are throwing so hard.  When they are in the zone ,hitters either don't make contact, resulting in strikeouts, or sell out for homeruns. When they lack command and are out of the zone, hitters walk.  When you had 4 starters and 6 relievers (I know, grumpy old man stuck in the 60's) pitchers had to go deeper into games and couldn't max out on every pitch.  I'd have kept the rosters at 25 myself.  And, I would not allow players to bring notes onto the field of play.  Don't like pitchers looking into their caps or fielders have cards in their pockets.  I wouldn't ban shifts, but make them based on what you know, not what you've written down.  I think that limiting the size of pitching staffs (given that 2020 and 2021 are very unusual years with special circumstances) and eliminating notes on the field which might have an impact on shifts without banning them, could result in more balls in play and more interesting baseball.

o

Trying to Salvage the series finale ...... 

BOSTON RED SOX )))))) (April 11th) 

Enrique Javier "E.J." Hernandez - CF

Alexander Verdugo - RF

Julio Daniel "J.D." Martinez - DH

Xander Bogaerts - SS

Rafael Devers Calcano - 3B

Christian Vazquez - C

Marwin Gonzalez - 2B

Bobby Dalbec - 1B

Franchy Cordero Vargas - LF

Nicholas John-Carlo Pavetta - RHP )) (1-0, 0.00 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o

Sorry, mistyped.  Jorge's major league ERAs in the last 3 seasons:  

2018:  5.05

2019: 6.33

2020:  6.69

Jorge Lopez' MINOR league ERAs in his last three minor league seasons:

2016:  5.78

2017:  4.25

2018: 5.26

What exactly do the Orioles or anyone else see in this guy?  He's the pitching equivalent of Johnnie LeMaster or Luis Pujols.