Jorge Lopez 2021

Il BuonO

I need to see more. 

In his first game he gave up one earned run in 4 innings.  He walked three in the fifth and got 2 outs before he was pulled.  Armstrong left all three runs it.     I think that was a good first outing.  If Armstrong had of gotten the last out before the runs scored Lopez would have went 4.2 IP and give up 1 run.

Then a bad outing but the first  two innings were scoreless..    

I need to see more.

I think the above is fair, but I don't expect much...and there should be opportunity to unseat pitchers who are not getting it done fairly soon.  Lopez may yet pull it out, but I think my expectation is even if he settles in...he will be eclipsed.

His main purpose may well be to buy time for baby birds to grow.

23 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I need to see more. 

In his first game he gave up one earned run in 4 innings.  He walked three in the fifth and got 2 outs before he was pulled.  Armstrong left all three runs it.     I think that was a good first outing.  If Armstrong had of gotten the last out before the runs scored Lopez would have went 4.2 IP and give up 1 run.

I need to see more.

No, he gave up 4 runs.  You may want to rationalize it in your head that he didn’t but he did.  You can say he deserved a better fate than he ended up with and I think that’s fair but he still put the runners on and he did it at a time/point in the game where he starts to struggle.  

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No, he gave up 4 runs.  You may want to rationalize it in your head that he didn’t but he did.  You can say he deserved a better fate than he ended up with and I think that’s fair but he still put the runners on and he did it at a time/point in the game where he starts to struggle.  

You should be encouraging him, he is actually asking for a larger sample size before reaching a conclusion about a player.

This is progress.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I need to see more. 

I need to see more.

Lmao wildcard, king of the small sample size...needs to see more.

Just checked the calendar, it's not April 1st anymore.  Is it Opposite Day?

• Haha 1