The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

Just now, KillerTofu said:

Well, that just goes to show Hyde’s incompetence in managing this bullpen. Two days in plenty for a reliever to rest! Give me a break! 

He had one day rest. Threw Thursday. 

It’s a long year. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

People are saying that Hyde got outmaneuvered. Righties had a .649 OPS against Coulombe coming into tonight. He doesn't have the insane numbers that he does against lefties, but it's not like Coulombe against a righty is an automatic hit. 

Danny just made an absolutely awful pitch. When Pillar sees that smiling bird on the opponents' caps he has a whole other level.

Yep.  Sometimes it’s on the players, not the manager.  

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Every one of you was ready to bash Hyde for using Perez in a 1 run game and he came through.

He went to a pitcher who has been good this year and he blew it. It happens.

This is the worst thread on here outside of every game thread.

Cry me a river!

• Downvote 1

Grayson went 3.2 IP Thursday with an 8-1 lead. 

If he goes 6 IP, heck 5 IP that’s 4 less outs from the pen. Perhaps changed the entire set up for tonight’s game. 

Pen has had an off week and we are 3-2. Baumann wasn’t good Tuesday with a huge lead. It happens. 

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, sometimes a manager puts a pitcher in, and that pitcher gives it up.  A lot of you guys are acting like it's unforgivable.

Its called venting.  It probably very healthy way to blow off tension.  I dont know why people act like spouting off is wrong.  If we cant bitch to fellow Oriole fans on a fansite where can we vent?

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Its called venting.  It probably very healthy way to blow off tension.  I dont know why people act like spouting off is wrong.  If we cant bitch to fellow Oriole fans on a fansite where can we vent?

Venting?  Wtf? Lol

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I think one of the most important parts of the culture here is that people are expected / encouraged to back up their arguments.