Kjerstad still hasn't reported to alternate site [UPDATE: He's reported]

interloper

I'm not sure I get what's going on here. He should be well over the myocarditis - recovery is usually weeks or a few months at most. Surely he could report and get acclimated with the coaches and players even if he's not working out? Maybe it's a more serious case? Either way, it's definitely concerning right now. For his health first and foremost but then, assuming he's ok, for his development.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Everyone on the alternate site roster is slated for AAA. Am I missing something in regards to Kjerstad?

Back on 10 March, Elias told reporters Kjersatd would report to the alternate site when it opened and now he's not on the roster.  Perhaps they changed plans and sent him to Sarasota since he's not going to start the year in AAA? Actually makes more sense to send him to Sarasota where it's warmer and he'll be around the guys he'll play with this year.

17 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Back on 10 March, Elias told reporters Kjersatd would report to the alternate site when it opened u and now he's not on the roster.  Perhaps they changed plans and sent him to Sarasota since he's not going to start the year in AAA? Actually makes more sense to send him to Sarasota where it's warmer and he'll be around the guys he'll play with this year.

Ah, that would make a lot of sense, yeah. Safe to assume that's what's going on for now. 

31 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've got a crazy tin foil hat theory ready to go but I'm not ready to release it.

Preach on man.  Orioles about to get shut out for a second night in a row, there's not much else fun to talk about right now.

I'd be curious to see the success rate of any draft pick that goes a year without playing in the minors.  Now Covid certainly threw a wrench into things but the fact that Kjerstad wasn't in the alternate site last year wasn't good.  And I'm on the record as saying the alternate site wasn't the equivalent to real games but at least it was SOMETHING.  

No ST and we don't know if he's reporting anywhere soon.  It's not looking good.

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Tinfoil theory:  

Heston Kjerstad doesn't actually exist and the Orioles drafted him based on videos that were all deep fakes. 

I like it, but who did they get to sign the contract?

Oh wait, Covid, they probably signed the contract over Zoom.