Armstrong and Fry

Explosivo

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yesterday was by far the best outing I’ve seen from Armstrong this year.   Got behind the first batter 2-0 and from there required only 9 more pitches to get out of the inning, 8 of them strikes.  Struck out two and induced a pop-up to 2B on the other batter.   Let’s hope he’s finding his rhythm.  

Hyde has certainly been patient with him.

o

(vs. ATHLETICS, 4/25)

With the Orioles desperately trying to salvage the final game of the series and end the Athletics' 13-game winning streak, Paul Fry came into the game and retired all 3 batters that he faced (2 of which were Strikeouts) in the 8th inning, preserving the team's 2-run lead ...... in the process, he threw )14 Pitches )(10 )Strikes, )4 )Balls.)

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. ATHLETICS, 4/25)

With the Orioles desperately trying to salvage the final game of the series and end the Athletics' 13-game winning streak, Paul Fry came into the game and retired all 3 batters that he faced (2 of which were Strikeouts) in the 8th inning, preserving the team's 2-run lead ...... in the process, he threw )14 Pitches )(10 )Strikes, )4 )Balls.)

o

Viva La Papa Frita!

36 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Armstrong needs a 10 day IL trip and rehab assignment in AAA to get things figured out. He’s been lost this season. Almost cost us tonight. 

It’s one thing if a player is having ups and downs, but with Armstrong everything is down. 

So sore shoulder or tired arm it’s going to be and give him a chance to clear his head. 

Such a horrible outing. So glad Hyde yanked him after the required third batter. I'm not an expert or anything, but will the Orioles stick with him, send him down, or DFA him? I just don't want to see him pitch for a long long time. 

25 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Such a horrible outing. So glad Hyde yanked him after the required third batter. I'm not an expert or anything, but will the Orioles stick with him, send him down, or DFA him? I just don't want to see him pitch for a long long time. 

I like Armstrong’s stuff, but outside a few outings he hasn’t looked good. But I think they continue to run him out there in low leverage situations for now. 

7 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It’s one thing if a player is having ups and downs, but with Armstrong everything is down. 

So sore shoulder or tired arm it’s going to be and give him a chance to clear his head. 

He did have three straight outings where he was looking better just before this (4 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 5 K’s).    I’d stick with him a little longer, though he’s definitely been struggling this year.  

Happily, I’d gone to sleep by the time Armstrong was in the game.  

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He did have three straight outings where he was looking better just before this (4 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 5 K’s).    I’d stick with him a little longer, though he’s definitely been struggling this year.  

Happily, I’d gone to sleep by the time Armstrong was in the game.  

Armstrong’s first “high leverage” spot in weeks and he started by throwing 7 straight balls. We got bailed out that the SEA hitter roped one to 2nd instead of just waiting out the inevitable walk. 

We currently have a 10 man pen. Armstrong is owed some money this year. I don’t think we just cut bait, just yet. However, the dude is a “gas can” at the moment. 

He’s only sitting 94 from what I’ve seen this year. He was upper 90’s from what I remember. 

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He also walked the first batter on 4 pitches. It wasn't just one bad pitch.

- 7 straight balls to begin. 
- Borderline high strike on 3-0 count. 
- 3-1 roped to the 2nd basemen. 
- Next batter HR. 

His outing was terrible. He wasn’t just wild. He had no command, and when he did throw anything in the zone it was hit, and hit hard. 

He’s lost. A Rule 5 guy at the moment.