4/11 vs Red Sox

Moose Milligan

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Shoutout to Mountcastle for not telling Galvis to hold up, too.  He just stood there.

It was a tough call he is straight on.  Galvis can’t see better on the distance that Mountcastle it was a 50/50 play catcher got to it quick and pitcher covered right away and still was bang bang play.

o

I'm not absolutely certain about this, but I believe that the blocking the home plate without the ball rule only applies to the catcher.

I remember when Mychal Givens blocked the plate with his balls/crotch against the Yankees to save the game, and they stated that the other 8 positions players besides the catcher are allowed to block the plate, even if they don't have the ball.

Yankees Lose Pitcher, Catcher, Then the Game in 14 Innings - The New York  Times

o

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

It was a tough call he is straight on.  Galvis can’t see better on the distance that Mountcastle it was a 50/50 play catcher got to it quick and pitcher covered right away and still was bang bang play.

Gal us can see better.