LeBlanc to be DFA’ed, Lowther up

Legend_Of_Joey

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

I know that nobody else gives a ...... hoot. Are we going to keep Leblanc ??? Nobody is going to pick him up on waivers, right ???

o

I would hope so ...... sending him back to the pound just wouldn't be right. The Orioles should keep him, just like the Orioles Hangout keeps me.

Why a Doggie Daycare is the Best Option for Your Furbaby | Just Happy

o

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I doubt it.   But honestly I’m about done with him.    He has no stuff and his command isn’t that good anymore.    He’s OK to burn some innings in a hopeless game.   That’s about all.   

Burning innings is kind of what I'm on about. We ain't gonna win this year!

edit: Protect the good arms.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pushmonkey said:

Our rookies were not able to build innings in the minors or majors last year. It’s going to be interesting in the summer and end of the year.  

You know? I thought the media, and even Elias, and Hyde, and the pretty much every single baseball guy or girl out there... made SOOOOO much about protecting pitchers this year.

tenor.gif

I guess the consensus knows 1000 times more than I do tho.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, scOtt said:

I don't completely buy into that, and after an unprecedented year I certainly don't.

Anymore...

You don't buy into what?  That the Verducci effect was debunked?

A lot more goes into things than some simplistic innings chart.  The stress of the innings appear to matter more than the number of innings.  Obviously I'm not advocating abusing guys but Lowther shouldn't be under some arbitrary innings cap.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

... just get him up and let’s see what he can do. Maybe he forces his way into the rotation.

Akin maybe gets this call if not for the kitchen accident.  

Interesting twist of fate. Maybe Lowther capitalizes. Maybe Akin doesn't... akin to Harnisch stepping on nail... leading to trade for G. Davis, when who knows what alternate universe would have appeared if he had started and won big against Toronto... (yeah I know, they still would have shipped out Finley and Schilling and just substituted, say, Ben McDonald).

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes because lord knows, we have to keep Lopez and his 8 ERA on the roster, especially since he is following his stellar 6+ ERA in 2020.  #suchatalent

Either Lopez or one of the Rule 5 guys can go in my opinion.  Not sure what the point is of having two 26-year old Rule V pitchers taking up space on the roster.  Are middle relief prospects such a rare commodity that we need to stockpile them?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I really hope that’s not true. I hope he is the first of many. Meanwhile where the heck is Michael Bauman?

I just meant biggest news up to this point. Of course some people think we might see Rutschman this year. Now that would be news.

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I kind of feel the same way but just get him up and let’s see what he can do. Maybe he forces his way into the rotation.

Akin maybe gets this call if not for the kitchen accident.  

Hopefully this is the beginning of getting rid of the re-treads.

We've BEEN getting rid of the retreads, this isn't the beginning.   Last year we had Tommy Milone, Eshelman, etc.   Before that Straily, Wright, Wilson, etc.    Mountcastle, Hays, Akin, Zimmerman, Kremer, now Lowther have joined the club in the past year.

• Upvote 1