2021 Aberdeen Ironbirds Roster activity and discussion

Tony-OH

9 hours ago, panick said:

Does this mean that Hall is no longer a SS prospect?

They started to transition him in 2019. He doesn't have the plus arm strength that you want in an everyday SS and has a chance to be plus defender at 2B. 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

I was impressed and encouraged to see Stowers in the #3 spot and Ortiz at cleanup and both had a good game last night. Ortiz showed very little in 2019 and Stowers wasn't all that impressive either at Aberdeen.   This leads credence to prior reports of Ortiz showing well since that season.  

Yeah, heck of a first night for Ortiz.

Goodness I love having MiLB box scores to look at again haha.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I was impressed and encouraged to see Stowers in the #3 spot and Ortiz at cleanup and both had a good game last night. Ortiz showed very little in 2019 and Stowers wasn't all that impressive either at Aberdeen.   This leads credence to prior reports of Ortiz showing well since that season.  

This is my favorite affiliate - with GRod, Handley, Hall and the two you mentioned.  Love to see Adley and Maverick as our catcher duo in a few (if my brain is still active at 80).  Johnny Rizer with the bomb!

Going through the "official" Ironbirds roster and a few names stood out that @Frobby mentioned in another thread:

Ty Blach (who was apparently signed in March,) Dallas Litscher, Conner Loeprich, Rickey Ramirez, and Greg Cullen are all listed on the roster and designated as being on the "7 day injured list."

Could be paper moves, but this could also show where they will be once recovered from their injuries.

15 hours ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Did anyone catch the Aberdeen game tonight? Kyle Brnovich (Bundy trade) made his minor league debut and went 5.1 IP / 1H / 0 BB/ 6 K. I was surprised that he skipped Delmarva, so this start has me intrigued. Any scouting reports from his start?

Aberdeen was on the road and their games were not on MiLB so had to follow it through the boxscore. He had a very nice first outing. I look forward to seeing him pitch soon.