Isaac Mattson added to roster; Bruce Zimmerman optioned to alternate camp

SteveA

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think they've got a plan and it probably doesn't involve a contest among pitchers where the winner gets promoted.  Now if a pitcher gets totally shelled or doesn't have command or has subpar velo or spin, that could hurt him.

But I don't think Elias and company are sitting there like figure skating judges and whoever gets the highest score wins a promotion.  They probably have a timetable and plan in mind for all 3 guys assuming they do what what they are asked to in Norfolk.

Of course it is all merit based, they have to earn their promotions. 

11 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think they've got a plan and it probably doesn't involve a contest among pitchers where the winner gets promoted.  Now if a pitcher gets totally shelled or doesn't have command or has subpar velo or spin, that could hurt him.

But I don't think Elias and company are sitting there like figure skating judges and whoever gets the highest score wins a promotion.  They probably have a timetable and plan in mind for all 3 guys assuming they do what what they are asked to in Norfolk.

My guess is they think that Zimmerman needs more that one game in the minors to find his command.  Akin cutting his finger, they have to figure out if that effects him.  Lowther seems the most likely to me.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

My guess is they think that Zimmerman needs more that one game in the minors to find his command.  Akin cutting his figure they have to figure out if that effects him.  Lowther seems the most likely to me.

Akin hasn't done himself any favors this year, [reportedly] showing up out of shape and then suffering a self inflicted injury due to carelessness.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Akin hasn't done himself any favors this year, [reportedly] showing up out of shape and then suffering a self inflicted injury due to carelessness.

I doubt the O’s will hold it against Akin that he cut his index finger with a knife while making breakfast.   Not even the second weirdest pitcher injury of April.   

2.   Lucas Giolito cut his middle finger on his pitching hand trying to twist off a non-twist bottle cap.  

1.  Jesus Luzardo broke the pinkie on his pitching hand pounding a table when he got mad while playing a video game.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I doubt the O’s will hold it against Akin that he cut his index finger with a knife while making breakfast.   Not even the second weirdest pitcher injury of April.   

2.   Lucas Giolito cut his middle finger on his pitching hand trying to twist off a non-twist bottle cap.  

1.  Jesus Luzardo broke the pinkie on his pitching hand pounding a table when he got mad while playing a video game.  

I mean, in his defense, the servers for MLB: The Show HAVE been pretty bad lately... 

• Haha 1