Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I’ll be surprised if he sees AAA.

I think you keep him working with Hall, GRod, et al and then bring him up to Baltimore in 4-6 weeks.

I’d love that, if Rutschman keeps it up.   I’d like him to get as much major league experience as possible this year, if he’s going to get any at all.   

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

If AR keeps this up, then he’s probably ready to get called up, but I don’t see any scenario where Elias starts his service time clock this year.

Economically it makes sense for the team to do, but I’d rather see a player get called up when he’s ready and not held down for other reasons.

Elias gets wind that the next CBA is going to put a stop to the service time games.

There you go, it's a scenario.

Ownership get embarrassed when the losing streak hits 30 games and demands Elias promotes young players.

There you go, scenario #2.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Elias gets wind that the next CBA is going to put a stop to the service time games.

There you go, it's a scenario.

Ownership get embarrassed when the losing streak hits 30 games and demands Elias promotes young players.

There you go, scenario #2.

I tend to agree with some of this.  The service time is going to change one way or the other with the next agreement.  It is also a possibility that a long labor strike/lockout that players like Rustchman could lose another season of development to go along with last year.  They may need throw a bone to the fans and bring him up providing he keeps hitting like he does.

His service clock is obviously very important to his arrival, but I think it’s a big perk that he is developing a rapport with our best pitching prospects as they move up together. I like the idea that when these guys transition to the majors, they’ll be working with a catcher they know extremely well. I won’t be surprised if Hall, Baumann, and Rutschman move to Norfolk in close succession, joining Bradish. 

2 hours ago, UMDTerrapins said:

His service clock is obviously very important to his arrival, but I think it’s a big perk that he is developing a rapport with our best pitching prospects as they move up together. I like the idea that when these guys transition to the majors, they’ll be working with a catcher they know extremely well. I won’t be surprised if Hall, Baumann, and Rutschman move to Norfolk in close succession, joining Bradish. 

And Grayson.

He's made some adjustments on the inside pitch and that has allowed him to start having those pulled bombs. Basically he closed the hole in the swing and is seeing the ball very well now.

It's nice to see him putting up some numbers, striking out less, and walking much more. I've also seen a lot less swing and miss in the zone which is a good sign as well.

Let's hope the new collective bargaining agreement will adjust the service clock situation. I'd love to see teams have control of players until their 27 year old season (as of June 1st) no matter what. This way, every player has a chance to play in the majors earlier and they all have a chance to become a free agent as they enter their prime years. If a team likes a player, sign them past that 27th year. 

MLB teams would now be able to make those decisions on whether it makes sense for them to get their experience at a minor league level or major league level without the concern of losing those to free agency too early.

If the team is bad, why not let DL Hall and G. Rodriguez pitch in the majors to get that experience? If it doesn't start their clock, why not?

Wouldn't it be more fun to watch Rutschman catch Hall and Rodriguez at the major league level this year? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He's made some adjustments on the inside pitch and that has allowed him to start having those pulled bombs. Basically he closed the hole in the swing and is seeing the ball very well now.

It's nice to see him putting up some numbers, striking out less, and walking much more. I've also seen a lot less swing and miss in the zone which is a good sign as well.

Let's hope the new collective bargaining agreement will adjust the service clock situation. I'd love to see teams have control of players until their 27 year old season (as of June 1st) no matter what. This way, every player has a chance to play in the majors earlier and they all have a chance to become a free agent as they enter their prime years. If a team likes a player, sign them past that 27th year. 

MLB teams would now be able to make those decisions on whether it makes sense for them to get their experience at a minor league level or major league level without the concern of losing those to free agency too early.

If the team is bad, why not let DL Hall and G. Rodriguez pitch in the majors to get that experience? If it doesn't start their clock, why not?

Wouldn't it be more fun to watch Rutschman catch Hall and Rodriguez at the major league level this year? 

They should do it anyway.  You have gained the year of service time and are basically past the super 2 status. (Or will be soon).  Get them up soon and let them get experience.