Fans not wearing masks

Greenpastures23

Just now, glenn__davis said:

I've just been looking at the door.  If the individual store wants me to wear a mask I'm happy to do so.

Yesterday I stopped in a small restaurant for lunch.  No sign up so I didn't wear my mask.  Everyone else in line was wearing one.  As soon as I walked in without one 3 people took theirs off and we all sort of laughed about it.  I think everyone just doesn't really know what to do right now.

Totally agree with MDK - at some point we're going to have to respect each other's choices.

No doubt..If a store requires that I wear it (as is their right as a business), I will either respect it or not go.  I’m not going to be one of these fools that end up on YouTube because they are flipping displays and going off about wearing it.  As annoying as it is, it’s not worth all of that bs.

I choose not to go to OPACY until they lift the mask rule.  If they want to continue with it, that’s on them..it’s their decision.  I just won’t participate.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No doubt..If a store requires that I wear it (as is their right as a business), I will either respect it or not go.  I’m not going to be one of these fools that end up on YouTube because they are flipping displays and going off about wearing it.  As annoying as it is, it’s not worth all of that bs.

I choose not to go to OPACY until they lift the mask rule.  If they want to continue with it, that’s on them..it’s their decision.  I just won’t participate.

Exactly my sentiment, their rule, my decision to not comply by not going

I've been eating at Wendy's instead of Chick Fil-A because Wendy's opened their dining rooms months ago.

6 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I've been eating at Wendy's instead of Chick Fil-A because Wendy's opened their dining rooms months ago.

Well no wonder you're always miserable.  Look at what you're eating.  

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well no wonder you're always miserable.  Look at what you're eating.  

He must be ordering the Frosty.

14 hours ago, SteveA said:

Honor system, I guess.

That's how it's being done at the large govt agency where I work.  Our mask restriction was lifted for fully vaxxed folks this week.  But due to HIPAA no one, even your supervisor, is allowed to even ask you if you are vaxxed.

For years in WV you've had to show proof of immunization in order to attend public school.  I've never thought of it before but I wonder if that's because of an exception to HIPAA rules or because its in statute?  

17 hours ago, SteveA said:

Honor system, I guess.

That's how it's being done at the large govt agency where I work.  Our mask restriction was lifted for fully vaxxed folks this week.  But due to HIPAA no one, even your supervisor, is allowed to even ask you if you are vaxxed.

That's mostly true in my gov't organization.  We can ask people about vaccine status when planning travel or for restriction of movement purposes.  But they can decline to tell us, at which point we treat them as if they're not vaccinated.  Basically if you are vaccinated and you come home from a trip, even to a high-transmission area, you're good to come on base the next day.  If you aren't, or won't tell us, you get to stay at home for two weeks.  And some people can't do their job from home.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:16 AM, MDK02 said:

At some point, it needs to be that vaccines are available... get one or don't. Wear a mask or don't, it's up to the individual.

People that have the vaccine, you're protected so don't worry about the people that don't have it. It's their life.

People that didn't get the vaccine, don't worry about the people that got the vaccine. It's their life.

People that aren't wearing masks, don't worry about the people wearing masks.. it's their choice.

People wearing masks, don't worry about people not wearing masks.. it's their choice.

Enjoy the game!

I don’t agree with this, for the simple reason that people who choose not to get vaccinated and not to wear a mask can infect other people.   They aren’t just risking their own health.   Honestly, I’m not too worried about baseball games, but other situations.   

I’m watching the numbers drop rapidly, thanks to those who chose to get vaccinated.   The more people are vaccinated, the harder it is for the virus to find a target.   So hopefully the numbers will continue dwindling despite those people who choose not to get vaccinated.   But it’s going to be hard to stomp it out entirely if vaccinations stagnate.   

• Upvote 3

On 5/20/2021 at 11:38 AM, webbrick2010 said:

Depends on the owner. The ones in the Annapolis area have had their dining room opened for half a year it seems

On 5/19/2021 at 10:39 PM, SteveA said:

Honor system, I guess.

This is actually not true.  School systems across the country routinely require vaccination records as a condition of enrollment.  HIPPA requirement are actually very narrowly defined :  https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/hipaa-vaccine-covid-privacy-violation/2021/05/22/f5f145ec-b9ad-11eb-a6b1-81296da0339b_story.html

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

This is actually not true.  School systems across the country routinely require vaccination records as a condition of enrollment.  HIPPA requirement are actually very narrowly defined :  https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/hipaa-vaccine-covid-privacy-violation/2021/05/22/f5f145ec-b9ad-11eb-a6b1-81296da0339b_story.html

It was 100% true i reference to my workplace.  

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t agree with this, for the simple reason that people who choose not to get vaccinated and not to wear a mask can infect other people.   They aren’t just risking their own health.   Honestly, I’m not too worried about baseball games, but other situations.   

They can only infect other people who also are choosing not to get the vaccine.