Norfolk catchers find something they like in the water

wildcard

13 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I always thought that Sisco had a weak arm.   But he has done well throwing out runners this year.   So there is some improvement there.   He also seems to be blocking balls in the dirt better then I remember.  In the past he has had times when he had a good OBP.    I just want to see him start hitting better.   If some time in the minors achieves that I am all for it.  He has an option.  And he is only 26 with 2 plus years of major league experience under his belt.

His playing time always has been spotty, but presumably there’s a reason for that.   I’ve been impressed with his effectiveness throwing out runners this year, which in my opinion seems to be a result of getting rid of the ball much quicker.   But otherwise, he’s uninspiring defensively.   And, while it’s a sporadic small sample, he’s really struggling at the plate this year.   

I for the life of me can’t figure out what happened to Sisco.  He hit pretty much everywhere in the minors and all the scouts were saying his bat will be his strength and how his defense develops at catcher will determine if he is starter or just a hitter who doesn’t have a position.  Now he looks like he has no clue the last couple years.  His playing time hasn’t been consistent but you can give him at bats because he can’t even hit the ball.