Thursday, May 27: O's visit first place White Sox for first of 4 games, weather permitting

SteveA

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think he's ignoring the pen?

I actually am not sure there is any connection.  But he isn't out in the pen during the games anymore.

And both our starting and relief pitching have gotten worse since Holt has been gone.

Probably just coincidence.  But given how highly touted Holt was, I'd like to see him come back and put the theory to a test.

41 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Who do want to bring in?  Not a lot of people in the pen to have faith in right now.

You’re right. But gotta pick someone. Hyde chose Tate and that would probably have been my choice as well. Maybe Fry.

But I wouldn’t have brought in Scott to replace Tate.

19 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

And yet, he persists. For years people have been screaming at me that he throws 100 miles an hour, even if he does, but he doesn’t, who cares if he doesn’t have any control of it. He would be the first guy I would trade if I were the boss, let somebody else deal with him. He’s always been bad, but sometimes he has been less bad.

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Sisco is awful in all aspects of the game yet the Orioles keep him on the major league roster.

Back in the second or third inning when I was watching the TV I heard Palmer specifically say that Sisco was around because he’s a better catcher than Severino.

I said, “whaaaa...?” 

9 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Yeah, I know Wynns isn't a great option but dang. 

Why not see what Cumberland can do.  He's probably not a prospect but why not give him a chance.  Agewise he's approaching the now or never point.  Get him his pension.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Remember when the lame ass local media was gushing over the bullpen and holding up Holmes as some kind of genius? Name me one guy you feel good about in that pen outside of Valdez and Valdez has not been that great either.

I’m still keen on Sceroler...

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Why not see what Cumberland can do.  He's probably not a prospect but why not give him a chance.  Agewise he's approaching the now or never point.  Get him his pension.

I'm good with that idea as well. I know it sounds cliché but do something. Please