Rays are calling up MLB’s #1 prospect(Wander Franco). Will MLB’s #2 prospect(Adley) be next?

higgybaby

6 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I question whether the average O's fan knows who Adley is.  I don't mean the Hangout, I mean the fanbase as a whole. 

I think they do.    There was a lot of hype at the time of the selection.   Certainly there were plenty of fans familiar with Manny, Wieters and McDonald.   

I’m guessing Rutschman will go to Norfolk before any promotion to Baltimore is considered.   

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Did the Padres make a mistake calling up Tatis in 2019?  They weren't winning anything and Tatis never played in AAA.

Absolutely. Imagine missing out on a free year of the best player in baseball and all they had to do was wait a couple weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

I don't think it would move the needle at all on ticket sales. 

The Orioles drew 42,704 in Matt Wieters' first game in a season where they averaged under 24,000. It was their 6th most attended game of the season. The day before Wieters' debut, the attendance was 11,937. 

Matt Wieters' debut sold tickets, and there was a tail beyond that first game although how much of a tail is difficult to measure.

Adley would sell tickets too.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Did the Padres make a mistake calling up Tatis in 2019?  They weren't winning anything and Tatis never played in AAA.

Now that he’s signed for 14/$340 mm, whatever advantage may have been gained by having him play some AAA before his promotion seems like rounding error in terms of the financial consequences.    And obviously, the guy proved he was ready for the majors.  

Just now, Philip said:

I hope everybody enjoys this chitchat about “service time” because I guarantee you, even if nothing else changes in the next CBA,”service time” will.

What makes you so sure?   Just because the media is gabbing about it doesn’t necessarily mean it will change.  Not much in life is guaranteed.  

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Now that he’s signed for 14/$340 mm, whatever advantage may have been gained by having him play some AAA before his promotion seems like rounding error in terms of the financial consequences.    And obviously, the guy proved he was ready for the majors.  

If they had an extra year of service time to hold over his head I wonder if they could have gotten him down to $320M.