Multiple moves (6/27 Edition): Galvis to IL, Wade/Stevie down, Leyba/Urias/McKenna up

Legend_Of_Joey

I hope the promotions are real guys and not just warm bodies. I really like giving prospects opportunity, and giving non-prospects a day or two on the big team, but eventually you want real guys who can really help you win real games, because losing sucks and losing embarrassingly is worse. I’ve never been to Baltimore, I don’t know anything about the city except it’s troubled, but You would hope for the baseball team to be a source of pride.

Edited by Philip

52 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Santander wasn’t running well and Glavis has the quad issue. Urias and Leyba were also pulled from the Norfolk line up.

Is multiple more than a flurry?  Axing for a BFF.  Is Leyba "glove or bat first"?

• Haha 1

• Legend_Of_Joey changed the title to Multiple moves (6/27 Edition): Galvis to IL, Wade/Stevie down, Leyba/Urias/McKenna up
4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m anxious to see Leyba.  If he can hit a little, wouldn’t mind seeing him supplant Franco at 3B when Galvis returns.  

Defensively, Leyba at 3B reminds me of Franco with a below average arm. Not much of a hustler overall, but is a switch hitter who some semblance of what he's doing at the plate.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Defensively, Leyba at 3B reminds me of Franco with a below average arm. Not much of a hustler overall, but is a switch hitter who some semblance of what he's doing at the plate.

That is really “damning with faint praise” But regardless isn’t Leyba targeted for 2B?

17 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not sure what this means. How can a 25-year-old who's aspiring to make it to the ML be "[n]ot much of a hustler"? I just don't get it.

I get it that veterans like Franco might not hustle all the time, whether to save their legs or just because they don't feel like it. But a guy on the edge of a roster spot and MLB salary? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I'm kind of rooting for not McCann, nothing about the individual player but I think the Sarasota backup catcher's prominence is the main leading indicator we'll get this winter of the 2025 Samuel Basallo strategy. I hope after living through 2 Octobers of Grayson Rodriguez and Jordan Westburg and Heston Kjerstad and Jackson Holliday and Coby Mayo arguably being under seasoned for their first pennant races that Basallo can have the Adley timeline instead of the 44 active roster days. In 2026 EBJ can put up a very gaudy SB number coming off his 44 active roster days that should play well for that year's RoY competition key to sustaining a large supply of Griff O'Ferrall's for the pipeline.
    • In the next 8 games and in the playoff who do you trust more at SS?  Holliday or Liv Soto?
    • Wells now at 1-for-18 and 6-for-40 last 7 and last 14 days - the rookie wall comes for many.    Next week I think still means something for the competition. It is kind of a big deal tactically if Wells, still mostly hitting cleanup, is in a bad patch or tuckered out, and opponents can tread very carefully around the big guys. I mean, Juan Soto's OBP isn't even .500, so you get him out a little over half the time, walk the other one, and then your pitchers and defense are playing against the other 7/9ths of the lineup. Would I walk Aaron Judge 2 outs, nobody on, in the 1st inning with Austin Wells on deck?    That would really give the voting sportswriters some narratives to zoom in on.     Maybe I don't want to reveal if that is my strategy this month though.
    • I would bring McCann back on a one year deal
    • It is powerfully convenient to say Ryan, but in the next couple few weeks we'll get our last view of O'Hearn v. Mountcastle, which the Cowser-like PA portion necessary for Coby Mayo's RoY candidacy needs solved. Mountcastle's right handedness and willing to put on a Powerpuff suit I think gives him the edge heading down the final stretch.    I believe Mountcastle is probably also a better 1B partner for Mayo as they have some kind of Lee May-Eddie Murray job share early next season. The 2025 lineup transitions are I think limited to Basallo for the backup catcher (and then he'll squeeze the 1B/DH duo), and if Mullins can sustain himself as a superior option to Fabian/EBJ for another October. This time next year I'm hopeful the injury gods are kind and Adley, Basallo, Mountcastle, Holliday, Gunnar, Westburg, Cowser, Mullins, EBJ, Kjerstad and Basallo are 11 individuals monopolizing all of the Orioles plate appearances at least four more Octobers.    I believe Mountcastle is nearer to the "Elias Generation" group of players heart, so he'll get an edge on Hays and O'Hearn when push really comes to shove as the #RisingTide starts to crest. Will O'Hearn's option give value to rate another Gregory Soto type decent reliever in trade?
  • Popular Contributors