The Maryland/Duke Drinking Game

sangell2007

Here are the rules I came up with today, brainstorming with a couple friends.

1 drink

• Mike Jones hits a 3-pointer

• Official time out

• Sideline report

• Lead change

• A shirtless Duke fan is shown

2 drinks

• A white Duke player chest bumps Sheldon Williams

• Every 10 points for each team

• Will Bowers checks into the game

• A Duke player fouls out

• Maryland’s 3-game winning streak vs. Duke is referenced

3 drinks

• Dick Vitale calls Coach K “Michelangelo”

• Duke’s ranking is referenced (including any reference to Maryland’s impressive all-time record vs. teams ranked #1)

• The proud Duke tradition of floor slapping is shown either on tape or during the game, or Wojo is mentioned by the commentators

• “Gone in Sixty Seconds” is referenced

• Coach K’s position as Team USA coach is referenced

4 drinks

• J.J. misses a free throw

• Dave Neil checks into the game

Ross Perkins checks into the game (this link best viewed in IE, at least for me)

• Coach K is seen uttering an obscenity (see the bottom of this page for examples)

• A Duke coed is deemed “doable” by at least 2 males in our group (or vice versa). Not including cheerleaders, although you could include them and it wouldn't affect anything.

5 drinks

• J.J. picks his nose

• Dick Vitale’s partner calls himself “lucky”

• Dick Vitale criticizes a Duke player/coach/play. Note: This does not include analysis of what went wrong (which is inevitable, since they’re playing Maryland). This is only to be used if Vitale voluntarily admits the fallibility of something related to Duke.

"Speedo Man" makes an appearance

• Shavlik Randolph, just for the heck of it, is charged with a foul

Any other ideas? :002_scool:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there should be a drink every time Mike Patrick makes a big deal out of an average play.

No no, that would be like the "Pirates of the Caribbean" drinking game we came up with a couple of years ago which consisted entirely of "Drink everytime Johnny Depp does something to make him look gay."

We were smashed to the point of not being able to drink anymore about 20 minutes into the movie. That's what would happen if you took a drink every time Mike Patrick made a big deal out of an average play. Like drinking during a Kevin Smith movie anytime anyone curses.

Boy I'm going to LOVE it when Duke once again disappoints in the NCAA tournament this year. The image of "Jay" Williams crying after the Sweet 16 loss to Indiana is still engrained in my mind.

YEa, it is almost as funny as the Terps crying when they could not even advance far in the NIT last year. LOL Bunch of losers.

YEa, it is almost as funny as the Terps crying when they could not even advance far in the NIT last year. LOL Bunch of losers.

Ummm ok, we made the semi's last year, that's not "far"? And show me one picture of a Terps player crying like "Jay" when he missed that free throw (I forgot what a GREAT FT shooter he was!) after the loss and I'll eat crow.

Ummm ok, we made the semi's last year, that's not "far"? And show me one picture of a Terps player crying like "Jay" when he missed that free throw (I forgot what a GREAT FT shooter he was!) after the loss and I'll eat crow.

Wow, you made it to the semi finals for the NIT...Way to go!! That is impressive!:rolleyes:

I will tell you what....When the Terps get to the point where their accomplishments are even 1/4 the accomplishments of Duke, then come talk to me.

BTW, i noticed how you dodged my question in the other thread about Duke being overrated.....Were they overrated when they made the Terps look like Coppin St?

Wow, you made it to the semi finals for the NIT...Way to go!! That is impressive!:rolleyes:

I will tell you what....When the Terps get to the point where their accomplishments are even 1/4 the accomplishments of Duke, then come talk to me.

BTW, i noticed how you dodged my question in the other thread about Duke being overrated.....Were they overrated when they made the Terps look like Coppin St?

I think mweb answered the question for you. Do you need me to repeat what he said? Fine. The Terps looked like Coppin State that night, but that was as much their fault as it was Dook's. You admitted YOURSELF that Dook didn't even play that well!

Also, I never purported to say that the NIT was "impressive" but you said we did not advance far in that tournament which is simply not true.

I think mweb answered the question for you. Do you need me to repeat what he said? Fine. The Terps looked like Coppin State that night, but that was as much their fault as it was Dook's. You admitted YOURSELF that Dook didn't even play that well!

Also, I never purported to say that the NIT was "impressive" but you said we did not advance far in that tournament which is simply not true.

They did not win...So therefore, thats not far enough.

BTW, yes Duke did not play in the second half but they did play well in the first half.

And i never said Duke's defense was not good that game.

Well Dook did play good defense but Maryland turned the ball over so many times on simply bone-headed plays. Question for you, in 1999, did Dook advance far in the NCAA tournament?

Archived