The Maryland/Duke Drinking Game

sangell2007

Started watching college bball when i was 8 and i have liked Duke since.

How old are you Sports guy? Was it the Laetner teams that you started to follow. If that is that case, I can't blame you. I remember when UMCP went through that tough time when BB sucked after Bias died. Admittedly, there was not much to follow back then. I got hooked on UMCP when the Wizzard went on his 4 or 5 game 30+ scoring binge. His performance was one reason why I chose to go to UMCP. He had me hooked and I loved them ever since.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Started watching college bball when i was 8 and i have liked Duke since.

Still, isn't being a Duke fan the college basketball equivalent of being a Yankees fan?

I remember... the first college basketball game I ever watched was a Duke game. I remember looking at their team name and saying it outloud before saying, "Well, that's a stupid name." I was 7 or 8 then, too.

I've pretty much hated everything about Duke ever since.

Still, isn't being a Duke fan the college basketball equivalent of being a Yankees fan?

I remember... the first college basketball game I ever watched was a Duke game. I remember looking at their team name and saying it outloud before saying, "Well, that's a stupid name." I was 7 or 8 then, too.

I've pretty much hated everything about Duke ever since.

Yeah, it's pretty much the equivalent. SG can talk about how young he was(8 isn't that young either), but the bottom line is it is jumping on the bandwagon and there is a difference between people like that and true fans of teams that have many bandwagon fans.

Yeah, it's pretty much the equivalent. SG can talk about how young he was(8 isn't that young either), but the bottom line is it is jumping on the bandwagon and there is a difference between people like that and true fans of teams that have many bandwagon fans.

His posting in this forum does define him as a TROLL, right?

His posting in this forum does define him as a TROLL, right?

Well what's the definition of a troll?

I don't usually have a problem with him posting in this forum though, so I wouldn't refer to him as a troll in most cases.

Well what's the definition of a troll?

I don't usually have a problem with him posting in this forum though, so I wouldn't refer to him as a troll in most cases.

I'm just joking. A troll is someone that comes onto another team's forum and then starts talking smack.

MD better come into every ACC game jacked up because every team is going to give them a fight this year.

If MD doesn't get their heads out of their rears really soon, teams like Clemson and Miami are going to be worried about us giving them a good fight, not vice versa.

You act as if i give a sh!t that i liked Duke when they were winning.

Who cares? I was 8...Didn't know any better....You have been a USC fan your whole life, right?

How do I act like you give a ****? I simply answered the question asked of you since you didn't seem to care to answer it. I don't care what you think of my remarks regarding this, but it is my feeling that you jumped on the bandwagon and are not a true Duke fan in the way that someone who grew up there and/or went there is.

No I haven't been a USC fan all my life, however I have lived in USC territory since I was 16, had my high school classmate go there to be the starting QB, and got into them before they were good. They are also my second college football team behind MD, so it's not like I claim to be a diehard or anything.

Last time I checked, your location doesn't say "Durham".

So what? My location is also not College Park. I went to Towson...Guess they should be my team above everyone huh?

Who the hell cares that i am not from NC. People start to like teams for different reasons. The idea that you have to like your home team and your home team only is complete bs.

Who the hell cares that i am not from NC. People start to like teams for different reasons. The idea that you have to like your home team and your home team only is complete bs.

Well, yeah. How come no one loves NC State. Well because they haven't won in recent memory. I quess I could root for a team outside of my geographical area but NOT over one that was in it. Bottom line: Duke fan = Yankee fan

Archived