Orioles trade discussion thread

Sports Guy

59 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It pains me to even think about it, but everyone knows the Red Sox have a need at 1B. I’m fully onboard with trading Trey to the Red Sox if it brings a return that helps the O’s get back to the playoffs. 

But emotionally I’ll be like this if such a trade happens:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9528507c5f36a95810030

Hopefully the Red Sox some day become a rival of the O's again.  

10 minutes ago, phatty said:

Yankees just got Gallo, so Hosmer to Texas for package with Gallo coming back didn’t happen. I’d love to be in the 3 team deal to buy a good prospect. Hosmer obviously would veto a landing of Baltimore. 

This won’t happen though. But Gallo, Judge, and Stanton in the same lineup is crazy. 

That'll make a KKKKrazy lineup.

Looking forward to see how much they gave up.

9 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

Looking forward to see how much they gave up.

From mlbtraderumors:  The Rangers are acquiring a group of prospects in return. Trevor HauverGlenn OttoEzequiel DuranEverson Pereiraand Randy Vasquez all seem likely to wind up as part of the return, report Adler, Weaver and Ken Rosenthal of the Athletic (Twitter link). Jeff Passan of ESPN (Twitter link) reports that Josh Smith is also part of the return.

i have no idea how great of a return this is but saw something about Duran being the best and everyone else 2nd tier prospects. 

3 minutes ago, phatty said:

From mlbtraderumors:  The Rangers are acquiring a group of prospects in return. Trevor HauverGlenn OttoEzequiel DuranEverson Pereiraand Randy Vasquez all seem likely to wind up as part of the return, report Adler, Weaver and Ken Rosenthal of the Athletic (Twitter link). Jeff Passan of ESPN (Twitter link) reports that Josh Smith is also part of the return.

i have no idea how great of a return this is but saw something about Duran being the best and everyone else 2nd tier prospects. 

Per MLB rankings:

Duran is #15

Hauvner is #23

Otto is #28

Periera is #17

Vasquez is not listed in the top 30

I'm no expert but I wouldn't feel good about that for Gallo at all.

Thanks for the post.

16 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

Per MLB rankings:

Duran is #15

Hauvner is #23

Otto is #28

Periera is #17

Vasquez is not listed in the top 30

I'm no expert but I wouldn't feel good about that for Gallo at all.

Thanks for the post.

FYI… I saw this post:

56 minutes ago, phatty said:

FYI… I saw this post:

Fangraphs rankings in the Texas system now show Duran as their #3, Josh Smith as their #8 and Periera as their #18.  There's the 2 top 10's. 

I keep waiting to see an Orioles trade...but feel like i'm going to be disappointed when one comes not that we have too much to deal. I would love to see a Mancini/Hosmer deal that basically equated to us buying extra prospects for taking on money, but would be shocked if something like that happens. 

I still expect one or two relievers to go for a return we all collectively view as "meh" and that's it. I think we will get reasonable value for whoever is dealt, but won't love any deal. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I keep waiting to see an Orioles trade...but feel like i'm going to be disappointed when one comes not that we have too much to deal. I would love to see a Mancini/Hosmer deal that basically equated to us buying extra prospects for taking on money, but would be shocked if something like that happens. 

I still expect one or two relievers to go for a return we all collectively view as "meh" and that's it. I think we will get reasonable value for whoever is dealt, but won't love any deal. 

I would be on board with that type of trade too, but I don’t see ownership agreeing to “buy” a prospect. 

10 hours ago, jamalshw said:

Even if the O's tried this they are on Hosmers no trade list

45 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I would guess facing your own mortality sort of levels one out a bit.

Not that Mancini "needed" leveling. He has always seemed as good of a guy as you'll find. 

• Upvote 1