Orioles trade discussion thread

Sports Guy

I wonder what the Orioles would be able to get for Sulser.  Aside from his walk rate, advanced metrics are very kind to him.  Mancini getting hot right now probably complicates things as does Mullins not slowing down. I know those who would be very critical about trading Mullins would not be so kind to the FO if he never reaches this level again. Bottom line, being a GM is very, very hard. 

2 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

White Sox just got Ryan Tepera for LHP Bailey Horn.

Guy is almost identical to Fry and brought back the Sox #23 prospect. However, Tepera is a rental and Fry obviously is not. Given the White Sox were in on Fry, we can safely assume the Os are asking for more than what the Cubs got. And rightfully so

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

BJs just traded for Brad Hand.  They traded their #17 prospect, according to mlb.com.(#20 from FG)

Hand is a pending FA, who is owed 5-6M (not sure if Nats are paying any of the deal yet) and has been pretty mediocre this year.

The Blue Jays love trading pretty good prospects for marginal upgrades.  Are we sure Dan Duquette isn’t running their front office after all?

I’d barely even consider them a playoff contender. 

6 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

The Blue Jays love trading pretty good prospects for marginal upgrades.  Are we sure Dan Duquette isn’t running their front office after all?

Fangraphs gives them a 22.5% chance of making the playoffs.   Their actual record is 7 games below their Pythagorean record, so I guess it’s possible they’ll play better down the stretch, especially if they make a tweak or two.   Hard to expect them to make any noise if they get there.

12 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Griffin Conine is in no way an "elite" prospect but the fact that they gave him up for Villar is insane. They've been so good at drafting/signing international players recently but some trades have been questionable for sure. 

19 hours ago, phatty said:

Yankees just got Gallo, so Hosmer to Texas for package with Gallo coming back didn’t happen. I’d love to be in the 3 team deal to buy a good prospect. Hosmer obviously would veto a landing of Baltimore. 

This won’t happen though. But Gallo, Judge, and Stanton in the same lineup is crazy. 

So have a 3rd team involved that takes Hosmer and pays 10% of his salary.    

22 minutes ago, Philip said:

So the White Sox are out, and the As are out, and maybe the Astros. Who still needs a LH Reliever? The Mariners, maybe? Who else?

Why are the WS out?  Tapera is a righty.

And the answer is every ML contender could use BP help.