Monday, August 2: Orioles visit the Yankees

SteveA

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not watching, Gameday has it listed as

Doubles on a pop up to Left Fielder Joey Gallo.

Can someone give me a rundown so I don't have to wait for video to be posted?

Pitch was down and in and Mountcastle went with it and dropped it in down the 3rd base line.  More than a bloop, less than a line drive down the line.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you think Santander is showing enough this year to be guaranteed a spot on next year's roster?

Nope. But he's not the only potential starting outfielder behind Mullins and Hays and DJ is too much of a defensive liability.

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Sorry that was autocorrect.  I meant to say I "missed the balk" but autocorrect changed it to "ball".  I was specifically wondering what he did to balk.  I was in the house in front of the TV in time to see the very good Franco play.

He looked like he forgot the guy was on first base.  He started in the stretch, but then started to wind up and then remembered he was pitching from the stretch.  His feet shuffled and his front knee bent/moved and it was clearly a balk.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sweet, but how'd he get a double off a "pop up"?  Gallo misplay the ball?  Gameday use a poor descriptor? 

Game day used a poor descriptor it took Gallo a while to get to that ball. I believe it fell in and went right of Gallo. Can’t remember, could be wrong and I apologize for that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

That didn't take long! :rolleyes: Garage Punk Heavy Metal before there was such a thing.

NSFW

I'll listen to Little Steven's Underground Garage on a Sunday night once in a while.  Some good stuff and almost always a lot I haven't heard before.