Thursday afternoon, August 26: Orioles try to win series vs Angels

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Here is the link: https://www.mlb.com/prospects/2025/international/?_gl=1*jzg2xy*_ga*MTc4MjYyNDA3My4xNzIwMDI2NTA1*_ga_N8YFCZLYSZ*MTcyNzEzMjAzNi4xMTEuMC4xNzI3MTMyMDM2LjYwLjAuMTU5MjYzODYy*_gcl_au*MTcyMDU0NjA5Ny4xNzIwMDI2NTA2
    • MLB Pipeline has released its top 50 ranking for next year’s J2 class. I did some searching to see who has been connected to which teams.  It doesn’t look like a great showing for the Orioles, who only have # 46 - Jose Pena.  Keep in mind that the Orioles have recently had a lot of success with $400-$600k bonuses in a notch below the top tier. There are still two that I have as question marks; please help fill in if you know.  Note that Royelny Strop is the son of former Orioles legend Pedro Strop. #       Player POS Linked Team 1 Josuar De Jesus Gonzalez SS Giants 2 Elian Pena SS Mets 3 Cris Rodriguez OF Tigers 4 Andrew Salas SS/OF Marlins 5 Yorger Bautista OF Mariners 6 Kevin Alvarez OF Houston Astos 7 Dorian Soto SS Red Sox 8 Maykel Coret OF Rays 9 Juan Cabada SS ? 10 Manny Cedeno SS Yankees 11 Ayden Johnson SS Athletics 12 Wilfri De La Cruz SS/3B Cubs 13 Brayan Cortesia SS Nationals 14 Diego Tornes OF Braves 15 Darwin Ozuna OF ? 16 Gabriel Davalillo C Angels 17 Liberts Aponte SS Reds 18 Kendry Martinez SS Giants 19 Raymer Medina SS Rays 20 Jhoan De La Cruz SS Padres 21 Cristopher Polanco SS Blue Jays 22 Johan De Los Santos SS Pirates 23 Santiago Leon SS Twins 24 Djean Macares OF Giants 25 Carlos Taveras OF Twins 26 Elian De La Cruz OF Diamondbacks 27 Royelny Strop OF Cardinals 28 Elorky Rodriguez OF Rangers 29 Warel Solano SS Rays 30 Moises Marchan C Royals 31 Harold Rivas OF Red Sox 32 Alejandro Cruz 3B White Sox 33 Larry Suero 2B/3B Rockies 34 Deivid Coronil SS Padres 35 Kenny Fenelon OF Brewers 36 Kenly Hunter OF Cardinals 37 Warren Calcano SS Royals 38 Carlos Alvarez LHP Padres 39 Kevin Defrank RHP Marlins 40 Hiverson Lopez C Guardians 41 Braylin Antunez OF Brewers 42 Haritzon Castillo SS Twins 43 Nieves Izaguirre SS Phillies 44 Cristopher Acosta SS Red Sox 45 Sadbiel Del Zine RHP Red Sox 46 Jose Pena SS Orioles 47 Heins Brito SS Guardians 48 Ramcell Medina SS Royals 49 Enry Torres C Reds 50 Teilon Serrano OF Dodgers
    • Frank "teaching them how to win" is such a famous story in franchise history it is natural to wonder if this group needs that same guy, with Manny Machado a fairy tale guy if you happen to be more invested in players who played townball for your town for awhile. Who on the 1964-65 Orioles didn't know how to win? fWAR suggests the Bats leaders those years were Brooks, Boog and Aparicio, and the Arms leaders were Pappas, Bunker, Barber and McNally. We're blessed with two franchise caliber young guys right now.    Who's winning skill is most in need of bolstering?    Are Gunnar and Adley as bad as Brooks and Boog? If you aren't more invested in players who played townball for your town but are more invested in players you scientifically decided on and won championships for you, that's why I think if Elias recommends a very big contract to any free agent this winter, Bregman has an edge on Burnes and Santander.    About once a decade we get some kind of Albert Belle or Miguel Tejada or Chris Davis thing around here.
    • You mean like spank the yankees a couple times this week??
    • I notice Coby Mayo listed as a RF. 
    • Astros admit it is a knee sprain for Yordan and he is out the Mariners series, with hoped for return at the Guardians Friday. He will play the playoffs and I guess benefit from that infielders on the dirt rule, as otherwise defenses might have been able to put all of them well on to the grass like Pujols at the end. Mariners got the must opener with "just" Bryce Miller - now they have Logan Gilbert and George Kirby tonight and tomorrow afternoon against Yordan-free lineups to try and make the weekend interesting.
  • Popular Contributors