Sunday, August 29: the last game vs the Rays in 2021, thank goodness

SteveA

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

His roster spot is probably getting tenuous.  But he had a 3.24 ERA for the season and under 4 for the career 4 weeks ago today.  It's been an awful August, to be sure.  But you shouldnt be in a hurry to throw away someone who has been a fairly reliable bullpen piece for 4 years because of one awful month.

Oh I’m not interested in throwing him away, I’ve always liked him a lot, it’s just shocking how he has gone from arguably being our most reliable reliever to being unable to get anyone out at all. And I haven’t checked yet, but it seems like he’s walked 10 or 12 of the last 15 batters he’s faced, except for those that got a hit. And with that in mind, no I’m not suggesting that he be designated, but Maybe he could be sent down to work on whatever is wrong? I think he has a couple of options left.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Lucky to be playing the O's.

And Lucky while they are playing us.  Last game there were a bloop RBI, A ball that was hit clearly left of the foul pole, somehow it suddenly curves the other way and hits the pole as if it were a magnet.  A ball hit by Mountcastle that the wind must have knocked down, otherwise that's a GS.  A ball that hits off the base bag to start the comeback.

Today, several bloop RBI's... 

I mean look, they are a way better team, But I'm tired of this.  1-17 record against them is too much for me.

5 minutes ago, O's84 said:

And Lucky while they are playing us.  Last game there were a bloop RBI, A ball that was hit clearly left of the foul pole, somehow it suddenly curves the other way and hits the pole as if it were a magnet.  A ball hit by Mountcastle that the wind must have knocked down, otherwise that's a GS.  A ball that hits off the base bag to start the comeback.

Today, several bloop RBI's... 

I mean look, they are a way better team, But I'm tired of this.  1-17 record against them is too much for me.

No home field advantage apparently. I thought Elias had the control panel for the foul poles' magnetic fields fixed.

• Upvote 1