Who will have the better career, Mullins or Hays?

Frobby

Who will have the better career, Mullins or Hays  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the better career, Mullins or Hays?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/21 at 03:52

15 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

I went with Hays. Partly just to be contrarian and partly because I think the injury prone label gets overblown. I hope Mullins can continue to be the .800-ish OPS player that he was over the second half of 2021 which can be a 3-4 WAR type player.

Hays is a year younger and put up 3.1 rWAR in 2021, his first full season and I am optimistic that he can still get better against righties.

I think they will end up with similarly valuable careers.

I agree with your last sentence. I think when their careers are over they'll both be really close in overall production by WAR.

I think they'll take different paths getting there though. 

Mullins will have some really exciting seasons like this past one, while Hays will be more even throughout his time. That's not knocking either player. I'm glad we have some time left with them together in the OF.

I went against the grain and picked Hays.  No good reason, I’ve just never forgotten that 2017 season when he dominated HiA and AA.   I think Mullins is going to remain a good player but I won’t be at all surprised if he never has another season approaching 2021, while for Hays I think the best is yet to come.   I think both have a good chance to have 15-20 WAR careers when it’s all said and done.