Trade Bait 2022

ScGO's

Bowden:

https://theathletic.com/3323109/2022/05/20/mlb-trade-deadline-nationals-juan-soto/

What kind of return could the Orioles get for Cedric Mullins? — Thomas G.

A lot of teams could use an athletic center fielder such as Mullins. The Marlins are the perfect trade match because they’re desperate for a center fielder. Their farm system is loaded with high-end pitching prospects, and the only way the Orioles will ever contend in the AL East is with pitching and defense. I think Baltimore could get two of Miami’s best pitching prospects plus a corner outfielder if they dealt Mullins.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, calsmanystances said:

Bowden:

https://theathletic.com/3323109/2022/05/20/mlb-trade-deadline-nationals-juan-soto/

A lot of teams could use an athletic center fielder such as Mullins. The Marlins are the perfect trade match because they’re desperate for a center fielder. Their farm system is loaded with high-end pitching prospects, and the only way the Orioles will ever contend in the AL East is with pitching and defense. I think Baltimore could get two of Miami’s best pitching prospects plus a corner outfielder if they dealt Mullins.

I'd take that

17 hours ago, calsmanystances said:

Bowden:

Bowden doesn’t count as an authority. He’s an idiot. If we could get that kind of return for Mullins we’d have already taken it. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2022 at 5:15 PM, calsmanystances said:

Bowden:

I am not in the camp that thinks we should trade Mullins. I want him to keep him and use him as a piece going forward. 

THAT SAID...If you really could get this type of package for Mullins, you drive him to the airport today and send him to Miami. 

The reason I don't want to trade Mullins is because I don't think what you get back is worth it, but if you could legitimately get back two of Meyer, E.Perez, E.Cabrera...you do it. I don't even need the corner outfielder he's talking about (not sure if he's meaning a major league OF or a minor leaguer, but either way, that can be a throw-in and doesn't even have to be something legitimate for me to make the deal). 

On 5/20/2022 at 5:15 PM, calsmanystances said:

Bowden:

Maybe we can get Victor Victor Mesa finally.  I knew he has struggled but  just looked up his numbers and he has been god awful, we sure seemed to have lucked out Miami got involved.  He is hitting .157 with 1 homer in 300 at bats at AA.  His younger brother who many thought was the lesser of the package has at least held his own in lower minors.