Schmuck: Ramon Deal to Cincy all but Complete

Birds08

Will the magical catching tandem of Paul Bako and Ramon Hernandez be reuniting, or is Bako gone?

Bako is gone and they are not bringing him back, nor are they bringing back Corey Patterson, and for those two decisions alone I think our FO is in much better shape than it was originally, LOL :laughlol:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have just about NO CATCHING in our own farm system so it's more that they're really wanting a veteran guy to help out our rookie guy Ryan Hanigan. If the O's are getting two prospects, they're not going to be very highly ranked IMO but it could also mean that the O's are throwing in more money. I have no idea but we'll see what happens. I'm hoping Ramon just needs a change of scenery and he stops being a tool if he comes to Cincy. My tomatoes will be ready just in case though. ;)

I'd buy the whole "change of scenery" thing except for the refusing to block the plate in the playoffs because he didn't want to get hurt in his contract year incident. I don't think Ramon Hernandez is a terrible guy, I just don't really think he's a competitor.

Bako is gone and they are not bringing him back, nor are they bringing back Corey Patterson, and for those two decisions alone I think our FO is in much better shape than it was originally, LOL :laughlol:

At least Ramon Hernandez will be better that Paul Bako and Ryan Hanigan! :D

At least Ramon Hernandez will be better that Paul Bako and Ryan Hanigan! :D

Actually, at this point in time, I like Ryan Hanigan better than Ramon and he's only been with the big club since last August. He can field his position, throw out runners, and works very hard to get better, which are all things I don't know if I'd say about Ramon at this point. :mwahaha: ;)

Does anyone think acquiring Freel could be a precursor to dealing Roberts if he won't sign an extension. It's been a couple years but just being athletic may be enough for Freel to be our starting 2B/leadoff hitter without B-Rob.

There will be a lot of people eating some serious crow in the not too distant future for their perception on Freel. He will be an asset.

If he stays healthy, you'll be signing his praises

Good defense and speed, you can put Freel in the line-up w/o forfeiting AB's ala Bynum or Fahey or Castro and w/o forfeiting defense ala Montanez and Salazar and Cintron

HUGE upgrade at the utility position for us. Getting rid of Ramon meant eating contract or taking some back. Don't hate, congratulate

This team can use some players with fire in their bellies

There will be a lot of people eating some serious crow in the not too distant future for their perception on Freel. He will be an asset.

If he stays healthy, you'll be signing his praises

Good defense and speed, you can put Freel in the line-up w/o forfeiting AB's ala Bynum or Fahey or Castro and w/o forfeiting defense ala Montanez and Salazar and Cintron

HUGE upgrade at the utility position for us. Getting rid of Ramon meant eating contract or taking some back. Don't hate, congratulate

This team can use some players with fire in their bellies

Problem is he can't really play shortstop. I wonder if Krivsky is pushing for Freel.

We have just about NO CATCHING in our own farm system so it's more that they're really wanting a veteran guy to help out our rookie guy Ryan Hanigan.
You know it's one of life's injustices that Ramon had tools that he didn't live up to and Sal Fasano had no tools but played the game with love.

Heather, hopefully you will get Ramon circa 2006 - when he hit and totally controlled the running game. I could not figure out how he went from being a force behind the plate in 06 to what he was last year.

He is aging. Catchers start do decline around Ramon's age.

Archived