Mullins battle with Crohns Disease

Sports Guy

39 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Makes his season more impressive.

Anyone who wants to mention how this could tank his trade value should punch themselves in the nuts.  

Ha. I have to admit it was my second thought after agreeing with your first statement.  However, I have never purposely punched myself in the nuts and I'm not about to start now.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I remember one of Cal's biographies relating the ordeal Kelly Ripken went through with this back in the day.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1992-04-12-1992103175-story.html

We'll see how next year goes, but this is the kind of thing "projections don't know" when ZiPS, PECOTA, whatever forecasts him with his actual 2020 outcomes (which weren't that bad anyway).

Crohns/Colitis is a debilitating disease for anyone who needs to maintain a level of physicality in their jobs. I have had it for 21 years now, and it has been a journey I would not wish on anyone. A large majority of your immune system is based on your colon. It is also where most nutrients are absorbed. It is very difficult to maintain energy levels for an athlete. There is much more to this discussion, and this is not the place for all that. What Cedric Mullins did this year was remarkable for any human being. But doing it with a serious case of Crohns, that is just amazing. Wow!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/2/2022 at 4:10 PM, RZNJ said:

Ha. I have to admit it was my second thought after agreeing with your first statement.  However, I have never purposely punched myself in the nuts and I'm not about to start now.  

Well let's be honest here.  That's what most every thread usually gets down to; what a player could be traded for.  

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well let's be honest here.  That's what most every thread usually gets down to; what a player could be traded for.  

Be kind.  Being thought of as unintelligent by perfect strangers on the internet is a terrible, terrible thing to experience.  Imagine the shame at spending the rest of your life knowing that you were okay with holding on to a player past his optimum trade value.  Best to get out in front of that noise.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2