Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

17 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

Will be utterly stupid that he will be 24 1/2 when he is most likely called up.  Man I wonder how good Vlad Jr will be when he is Adleys age

The best hitter in baseball and Vlad Jr. already led the AL in OPS+ last year.

Meanwhile in a week from now, we'll still be hearing the same update about how Rutschman is practicing well and is on pace to start playing in minor league games soon. 

On 4/22/2022 at 9:23 PM, Orioles0615 said:

Will be utterly stupid that he will be 24 1/2 when he is most likely called up.  Man I wonder how good Vlad Jr will be when he is Adleys age

There is big difference between a guy signing at 16 and getting into professional baseball and a college drafted catcher.  

31 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

There is big difference between a guy signing at 16 and getting into professional baseball and a college drafted catcher.  

This is true, but he still has a point.  It is taking AR entirely too long to get to the majors.  And a decent amount of that isn't his fault, but still.

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is true, but he still has a point.  It is taking AR entirely too long to get to the majors.  And a decent amount of that isn't his fault, but still.

Literally none of it is his fault. If the Orioles we’re trying to win, he’d have been called up in 2020. 

On 4/22/2022 at 12:30 PM, MurphDogg said:

Aberdeen is home the week of 4/26-5/1, Bowie is home 5/3-5/8 then he can join Norfolk at home from 5/10 until he is called up.

The schedule couldn't be designed any better to give him stepping stones to play into AAA shape if that is what they want to do.

Whether you want to look at 4/26 to 5/8 as rehab or a second spring training, that seems to be the direction they are leaning.

As i speculated, he will be in Aberdeen this week

Along with DL Hall!

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, waroriole said:

Literally none of it is his fault. If the Orioles we’re trying to win, he’d have been called up in 2020. 

He had 139 minor league at bats in the minors before 2020.  37 above low A and we should have put him in the majors in a short season Covid year when 60 games gave him a full year of service?  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

He had 139 minor league at bats in the minors before 2020.  37 above low A and we should have put him in the majors in a short season Covid year when 60 games gave him a full year of service?  

I’m pretty sure that’s not what I said. I said if we were trying to win, he’d have been on the team in 2020. 

2 hours ago, waroriole said:

I’m pretty sure that’s not what I said. I said if we were trying to win, he’d have been on the team in 2020. 

If the orioles were trying to win in 2020 they’d have brought in a major league catcher, not turned the catching job over to a guy who hadn’t even played in double-a. 

12 hours ago, seak05 said:

If the orioles were trying to win in 2020 they’d have brought in a major league catcher, not turned the catching job over to a guy who hadn’t even played in double-a. 

He was the player of the year in college. It's not like he never faced good competition.

Either way, it's a dumb argument that's driven by dumb baseball rules instead of who should be on major league teams.