The 28-man roster will be as follows IMO :)

interloper

3 hours ago, interloper said:

Nope, didn't forget. Optioned to AAA. He hasn't pitched there yet and we know how Mike rolls. [EDIT: Woops, that's incorrect...]

I think Bautista will "check some boxes" as Mike likes to say, and be up pretty quickly. But he'll want him to ease into the season at AAA and go with pitchers who are more multi-inning types to start the season since guys aren't built all the way up. 

I hope I'm wrong!

They pitched him in the 4th inning today even though it was the travel team for the Rays. I don't see how they send him down the way he's thrown the ball. He's 26-years old. I think he's in the pen for sure.

8 Mullins

4 Urias

0 Mancini

3 Mountcastle

7 Hays

9 Santander

6 Mateo

5 Gutierrez

2 Chirinos

BN: Stewart, McKenna, Bemboom, Odor

Rotation: Means, Lyles, Zim, Akin, TWells

Long Relievers: Lopez, Lowther, Kremer, Baumann

Short Relievers: Sulser, Bautista, Fry, Scott, Perez, Tate

DFA: Mattson (or 60 day IL)

Optioned/Reassigned: Everyone else

8 Mullins

4 Urias

0 Mancini

3 Mountcastle

7 Hays

9 Santander

6 Mateo

5 Gutierrez

2 Chirinos

BN: Stewart, McKenna, Bemboom, Owings

Rotation: Means, Lyles, Zim,  TWells, Lowther

Long Relievers: Lopez, Kremer, (Baumann or Akin in a battle)

Short Relievers: Sulser, Bautista, Fry, Scott, Perez, Tate,  Baker

IL: Mattson (or 60 day IL)

DFA:  Odor, (Bannon if Mattson on the 15 day IL)

O's are only on the hook for Odor 700K if no other team adds him to their ML roster.

Bannon is well down the depth chart and does not fit the short or long  term plan. 

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

8 Mullins

4 Urias

0 Mancini

3 Mountcastle

7 Hays

9 Santander

6 Mateo

5 Gutierrez

2 Chirinos

BN: Stewart, McKenna, Bemboom, Owings

Rotation: Means, Lyles, Zim,  TWells, (Kremer according to reports)

Long Relievers: Lopez, Lowther, (Baumann or Akin in a battle)

Short Relievers: Sulser, Bautista, Fry, Scott, Perez, Tate,  Baker

IL: Mattson (or 60 day IL)

DFA:  Odor, (Bannon if Mattson on the 15 day IL)

O's are only on the hook for Odor 700K if no other team adds him to their ML roster.

Bannon is well down the depth chart and does not fit the short or long  term plan. 

I think this is quite likely to be correct. I agree that Bannon is a guy that could be cut off the 40-man. I also doubt he'd be grabbed given how poor his 2021 was (save for that couple weeks of bombs). I still want to see if he can find something in AAA (similar to my thoughts on Diaz). This offseason I was ready to write both off. Now, I'd like to see both get one last go at AAA to earn a promotion, but for Bannon that could happen on or off the 40-man. 

I honestly think Ramon Urias could be the starting 2nd baseman on our next playoff team. 

One of the biggest things I'm rooting for this season (besides the obvious Adley/Grayson stuff), is that he continues to establish himself as a legitimate high-OBP everyday MLB player. I think he can do that. His first year of free agency is 2027.

15 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

They pitched him in the 4th inning today even though it was the travel team for the Rays. I don't see how they send him down the way he's thrown the ball. He's 26-years old. I think he's in the pen for sure.

Yeah now that I realize he pitched in AAA, I definitely agree he'll be on the team. 

50 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I honestly think Ramon Urias could be the starting 2nd baseman on our next playoff team. 

One of the biggest things I'm rooting for this season (besides the obvious Adley/Grayson stuff), is that he continues to establish himself as a legitimate high-OBP everyday MLB player. I think he can do that. His first year of free agency is 2027.

It's possible. I would love to see him basically replicate his numbers from last year over the course of a full season. I'm not sure there's any additional upside to that given he's about to turn 28, but a 111 OPS+ second baseman certainly has value. I really hope we see Urias and Mateo basically everyday (at least for the first few months). Of the infield options, they are the ones that have a chance to be something beyond just spot holders. 

19 hours ago, Pushmonkey said:

I am over Akin and Kremer being on an major league roster. 

Couldn't agree more.  Not that they can't re-establish themselves as options in the future, but based on what they did in the majors last season they are hardly entitled to a spot on the team, much less the starting rotation.  

• Upvote 1