Is this funny or poor journalism?

Sports Guy

I don't have an issue with it, he lets you know in the first few paragraphs what it's all about:

Yet very few people have paid much attention to it, possibly because 50 free agents were signing every day for a couple of weeks there. But I’m here to reveal one group that definitely has contemplated the meaning of life after the unbalanced schedule. By which I mean …

The AL East!

And I’m especially talking about the portion of the AL East known as Toronto and Tampa Bay. You can probably deduce why.

For some reason, they are not going to miss playing nearly 50 percent of their games against the other teams in their division.

Shame on you, SG.  For being the board's resident hardass, I'd expect a softie like wildcard to have posted this article and then for you to have been all like "When they actually want to start competing, then they'll get a mention."

Which would be true, by the way.

At least Charlie Montoyo throws us a bone.

“I think I’m in the best division in baseball,” Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo said the other day. “So I think it’s good for all the teams that we’re going to do that — not only for the Blue Jays. For the Rays. For the Red Sox. For the Yankees. For the Orioles. It’s good for all of us to not have to play each other that many times.”

Although what I think he meant to say is he'd like to play the Orioles 19 times and the other teams not as much.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

It’s a bit of an overrated issue IMO.  We’re basically talking about 24 fewer intradivision games for each team.   I’d expect maybe 1-2 more wins for each of the AL East teams as a result

That’s not nothing. Could determine who makes the playoffs.