Perez and Baker are going to be some of Elias' best waiver claims

interloper

Perez just closed out the bottom of the 9th with a left-handed 98mph heater for a K. Nice breaking stuff as well. 98! With good command!

Baker a clean inning hitting 96 with a nasty breaking ball.

Just eyeball test right now, but I like what I see. I'd rather see either of these guys pitch than Tanner Scott, who has been the same broken player so far this spring. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

SG just out here killing any sort of optimism from brother Interloper.

Play on, player, don't ever give up.  

I don’t care that Perez makes the team.  I’m all for it but this is a guy who has been awful in his ML career..what little there has been.

Even his MiL career is just ok.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t care that Perez makes the team.  I’m all for it but this is a guy who has been awful in his ML career..what little there has been.

Even his MiL career is just ok.

Yep, no doubt about it he's been bad.  It's only 50.2 innings in the majors but you want to see a guy get off to a better start than that.  

I don't care that he makes the team either if they think there's something in his mechanics that they can straighten out and make him into a bullpen piece.  Obviously there's a Houston connection there so I'm curious to learn more about that.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Ever looked at the career stats for Perez?

It has been about command for Perez just like it is with Scott. Now maybe this spring is a mirage (1 walk in 5.1 IP), while Scott has looked like Scott (4 walk in 2 IP), Perez has thrown strikes for the most part. Basically he's Tanner Scott. So the team has two of them now and hopes one of them will be good this year. 

I like the stuff and if he has figured out how to throw strikes more often he can be a real weapon!

• Upvote 2