Battle for opening day become clearer (28-man roster analysis)

Tony-OH

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Love reading posters analysis on the roster. Thank you Sir. I am pulling for Martin and hope Akin is cut from the 40 man. Don’t like his past behavior and his anti-vax stance be an issue for Blue Jays games, cut him and move on. Strongly dislike him. 

For backup catcher, Notthingham has most upside and can give you a bat off the bench, I like that pick.

On the fence about Stewart. If he makes the team, my guess is this is his last chance with the Os.

Odor has had a bad spring but small sample size and new org, I am inclined to give him a lot of slack. 

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Agreed.  There's no way Odor should be getting playing time over Urias for any reason.

The only thing in Odor's favor is that Owings is on a minor league contract, so we could keep control of him without making the 28 man. Odor could be backup 2B/3B while also giving a LH bat. If a backup SS is needed, Urias could slide over. I'd rather have Owings but stashing him in AAA would allow us to keep both and give Odor a chance to hit some. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

The only thing in Odor's favor is that Owings is on a minor league contract, so we could keep control of him without making the 28 man. Odor could be backup 2B/3B while also giving a LH bat. If a backup SS is needed, Urias could slide over. I'd rather have Owings but stashing him in AAA would allow us to keep both and give Odor a chance to hit some. 

That's well thought out and fair but Odor isn't much of a hitter to begin with.  He might be able to pop a homer every so often but that's about it.  He should be a backup, nothing more.  

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's well thought out and fair but Odor isn't much of a hitter to begin with.  He might be able to pop a homer every so often but that's about it.  He should be a backup, nothing more.  

Also even if he gets hot. What’s he really going to bring back in a trade really? 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Agreed, I wish it was Odor on the minor league contract. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Also even if he gets hot. What’s he really going to bring back in a trade really? 

A bucket of balls or something.  He's a guy that's lucky to be on a roster and in a ST camp.  I mean, you're on the ultimate fringe of being out of baseball if you're an Orioles bench player.