Bruce Zimmerman 2022

Bahama O's Fan

Really liking seeing these good starts from Zim.  I'd love to see him take a step forward this year and become solid. He doesn't need to be ace-like, but if he becomes solid, he's under team control for a few years, and would be a nice complementary member of the rotation. 

• Upvote 2

He looked really good tonight.  Even though the 7th inning was a bit rough, I'd certainly take his stat line every single time he touches the ball.  6IP, 5 hits, 3 runs, only 2 earned runs, 6 SO (including 3 times for Ohtani) and only 1 walk.  Not sure he's going to be a long term solution in the starting rotation, but certainly making a statement to start off this year.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

He looked really good tonight.  Even though the 7th inning was a bit rough, I'd certainly take his stat line every single time he touches the ball.  6IP, 5 hits, 3 runs, only 2 earned runs, 6 SO (including 3 times for Ohtani) and only 1 walk.  Not sure he's going to be a long term solution in the starting rotation, but certainly making a statement to start off this year.

Watch Chirinos' post-game interview.  Great explanation of what Zimmerman is doing well.