The attendance thread 2022

Frobby

On 5/4/2022 at 7:36 AM, Can_of_corn said:

I bet they aren't fully staffed now.  Any word from folks that have been to games, are all the concessions open?  Properly staffed?

I went to this past Sunday's game against Boston, they seemed to be staffed fine (though I somehow set off the metal detector and I swear a seventh grader was the one who wanded me afterwards...why that matters I don't know but I was confused when she told me to put my arms out). we were in Section 10, so I didn't ramble much after you first walk in the gate from the parking lot side and immediately turn left. I was planning on tooling around the stadium in mid innings but the rain really started picking up and we left early. I went and got beers in the 2nd inning and it was maybe a one to two minute wait tops at the closest concourse vendor. The section we were in had plenty of roving vendors, including Clancy. Maybe they anticipated a bigger crowd because Boston and being a weekend, but from the point of entry to the vendors we never waited and they didn't seem to be out of anything, at least early. I didn't get food, I brought my clear plastic baggy of snacks, and there were definitely a few people who looked at me kinda weird, I think me and some kid were the only ones toting around gallon ziplock bags full of random food, but I didn't have to pay $10 for a bag of pretzels so there's that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2022 at 7:36 AM, Can_of_corn said:

I bet they aren't fully staffed now.  Any word from folks that have been to games, are all the concessions open?  Properly staffed?

Have not been to a game but my friend said they don't have the condiment stand with napkins in the concourse anymore. Has anyone who has been to a game noticed this?

30 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Have not been to a game but my friend said they don't have the condiment stand with napkins in the concourse anymore. Has anyone who has been to a game noticed this?

True, you have to get that stuff when you pay for your food.   I think that’s probably a health-related change rather than a way to save money.  But I don’t really know.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

True, you have to get that stuff when you pay for your food.   I think that’s probably a health-related change rather than a way to save money.  But I don’t really know.  

Thanks My friend was looking to wipe his seat on Sunday and the bathrooms  in the lower deck third base side were out of towels . But the out of towels thing has been going on for years  After the fifth inning the towels are gone. 

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Frobby are you a Birdland member? I know if you are you can get free water,soda and popcorn before the game at the Birdland member clubhouse, club level

20 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Frobby are you a Birdland member? I know if you are you can get free water,soda and popcorn before the game at the Birdland member clubhouse, club level

Well, I share season tickets with a group of people.   I’m not the ticket owner of record.   I’ve never been aware of any benefits I get other than parking in the A Lot, which is sweet.   

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, I share season tickets with a group of people.   I’m not the ticket owner of record.   I’ve never been aware of any benefits I get other than parking in the A Lot, which is sweet.   

I think you gave to be the account holder. 

• Access is member exclusive so the account holder must present their digital Birdland Membership card to access the Clubhouse and may bring their ticketed party of up to 4 people with them. Access to the Clubhouse cannot be transferred to a guest if the account holder is not present.
  • Thanks 1

Update after the long homestand. Orioles  are now averaging 17,971  per game. 22nd in the majors. Lowest average ever not counting the Covid years at Camden Yards was 2019 ,average was 16,347.

Yankees are coming and some prospects are coming up and usually draw better after school is out .Sone promotions that draw better as well and maybe play better and might see attendance go up somewhat  A few games have a decent advance sale like June 19 and July 9th.

On 5/6/2022 at 10:18 AM, Going Underground said:

I didn’t know anything about this.  

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Update after the long homestand. Orioles  are now averaging 17,971  per game. 22nd in the majors. Lowest average ever not counting the Covid years at Camden Yards was 2019 ,average was 16,347.

Yankees are coming and some prospects are coming up and usually draw better after school is out .Sone promotions that draw better as well and maybe play better and might see attendance go up somewhat  A few games have a decent advance sale like June 19 and July 9th.

Skewed a bit perhaps by the fact that we’ve had opening day plus weekend series with the Yankees and Red Sox all in the first 16 home dates.   At the same time, losing a game (single admission doubleheader) and moving a Saturday night game to Monday at noon didn’t help anything.   Overall, I’d say attendance hasn’t been terrible.   If the team plays better I think attendance could improve over 2019.

The O’s were at 298,016 after 20 games in 2019.   They’re at 269,576 now.  So, if they can draw more than 28,440 total in their next four home games (all of which are weekday games with the Yankees), they’ll be ahead of their 2019 pace at the 20-game point.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I didn’t know anything about this.  

You have to be the access holder with season tickets. I think the free water,popcorn and diet or regular Pepsi  before the game but not totally sure.

2022 Birdland Members are invited to relax in their new exclusive area located inside on the climate-controlled Club Level at Oriole Park. This brand new space provides an exclusive area for Birdland Members to cool off with a beverage, enjoy the private cash bar, and watch the game on the exclusive HDTV wall. Members are encouraged to stop by when gates open until 2 hours after the scheduled first pitch. Capacity is limited.

55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The O’s were at 298,016 after 20 games in 2019.   They’re at 269,576 now.  So, if they can draw more than 28,440 total in their next four home games (all of which are weekday games with the Yankees), they’ll be ahead of their 2019 pace at the 20-game point.  

Probably get the 28,000 more or less on May 19th.WJZ Wheather Day with the school kids.