Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm always amazed that folks have expectations for Roch.

To me he lost the last shred of credibility he had back in 2008.

Well he does have good sources within the team. If Roch says he heard a rumor worth reporting on, I believe him. And he did say "this week". Not Monday. 

15 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Remember, Roch and a few others got trolled recently on Twitter by someone pretending to be the Orioles, posting one of their “transaction” pictures with Odor DFA’ed, Gunnar up, and I think something else.

He's not a reporter, hasn't been for a long time.

He doesn't have sources, he receives talking points.

I'm not slamming him, but that's his job now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Gunnar started at 3rd base tonight.  Westburg at 2nd.  Does he play 3B  until he is called up because that is where he will be playing in the big leagues?  

Tough. Think some 3rd, some 2nd, occasional 1st. Occasional SS, they don't seem to rest Mateo much. My guess is more 2B down the stretch. Only because Odor's arm is what keeps him in the lineup. They need someone with a gun to keep him out of the lineup more regularly. They could put Urias there. I mean, who knows really? Excited to see how it plays out. They have to call him up sooner rather than later tho.

1 minute ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

Tough. Think some 3rd, some 2nd, occasional 1st. Occasional SS, they don't seem to rest Mateo much. My guess is more 2B down the stretch. Only because Odor's arm is what keeps him in the lineup. They need someone with a gun to keep him out of the lineup more regularly. They could put Urias there. I mean, who knows really? Excited to see how it plays out. They have to call him up sooner rather than later tho.

I got a feeling they will move Urias to 2b primarily but you could be right.  It is hard to rest Mateo the way he is playing defense.  He has done stuff that many guys just can't do.

29 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I got a feeling they will move Urias to 2b primarily but you could be right.  It is hard to rest Mateo the way he is playing defense.  He has done stuff that many guys just can't do.

Yeah, only hesitation I have with Urias at 2nd is that they haven't done it much. Might be because with Nevin on the roster he's an easier choice to sit. Might be because they don't trust him at 2nd. Again, no idea. Seems when they plug Vavra in at 2B, mostly (not tonight, I know) they put Odor in at third. Could also be a matchup choice too. He seems to be the easiest regular to sit.  But yeah, can't wait to see how it plays out. Might get to answer some of the "huh?" questions we've had all season.

Edited by oh-wee-ohs