Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

51 minutes ago, joelala said:

He’s got a legitimate chance to be a top 5 prospect in baseball by the end of the season 

I kind of doubt it.  Longenhagen was asked the other day and said he still has him at 68.   The quote appears earlier in this thread.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I kind of doubt it.  Longenhagen was asked the other day and said he still has him at 68.   The quote appears earlier in this thread.   

I saw that one too, and my .02 is that was Longenhagen just being frazzled and put upon in a chat.

Fangraphs prospect reports are famously in-depth and famously late.   He's shouldering more of the load since McDaniel hopped to ESPN, though he has some new collaborators.   It's mid-May and they are still not done their 2022 preseason lists for nine teams.   

I don't believe he's thought in depth about the opening weeks of guys on teams they've already finished or how they now interrelate.

42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If he keeps this up, I’d be shocked if he was still 68 at season’s end, provided they release new rankings. 

20 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I saw that one too, and my .02 is that was Longenhagen just being frazzled and put upon in a chat.

Fangraphs prospect reports are famously in-depth and famously late.   He's shouldering more of the load since McDaniel hopped to ESPN, though he has some new collaborators.   It's mid-May and they are still not done their 2022 preseason lists for nine teams.   

I don't believe he's thought in depth about the opening weeks of guys on teams they've already finished or how they now interrelate.

Henderson would be top 50 easy if he finishes the year the way he has started.  A case could be made that he should be top 25.  The only way you could rate him 68th is if you discount his performance this year. 

I don't care what he is ranked or what he will be ranked.   He is playing great offensively and defensively at AA.   See what he can do at AAA.   If he keeps doing what he is doing at AAA then promote him to the O's to play 3B.

And there should be a lot of eyes on Prieto.  His time to come to AA is approaching fast.

7 hours ago, yark14 said:

The dude has an OPS of 1.002 and 12 stolen bases.  He is pretty much dominating AA.

Also 31BB 24 SO. He had 29 games in GCL, 35 games in Delmarva, and 65 games in Aberdeen. He’s at 37 career games in Bowie. 

How would Elias justify holding him down until next June 15th in AAA if we promote him now?  

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Also 31BB 24 SO. He had 29 games in GCL, 35 games in Delmarva, and 65 games in Aberdeen. He’s at 37 career games in Bowie. 

How would Elias justify holding him down until next June 15th in AAA if we promote him now?  

Arm discomfort. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&level=0&lg=5&stats=bat&qual=y&type=1&team=&season=2022&seasonEnd=2022&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=19,1

The refresh following the big night.   If you toggle ages it gives him about 10th youngest of 82 Eastern League bats.   1st in wRC, 2nd in BB/K.

Only 5th in wSB and 9th in Spd.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Funny that you think Elias will be asked to justify the decision.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, yark14 said:

The dude has an OPS of 1.002 and 12 stolen bases.  He is pretty much dominating AA.

Second in the Eastern League in OBP (behind a 26 year-old) and 5th in OPS (behind a 32, 28, 25 and 23 year-old), leads the league in walks, second in the league in steals, second in RBI, 8th in SLG, tied for 8th in homers.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Second in the Eastern League in OBP (behind a 26 year-old) and 5th in OPS (behind a 32, 28, 25 and 23 year-old), leads the league in walks, second in the league in steals, second in RBI, 8th in SLG, tied for 8th in homers.

Milb.com shows him as 2nd in OPS in the Eastern League behind 25 year old Blake Perkins.