ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really didn't mean anything by the comment. It was a very blunt joke is all. I've never said Red Sux, and I chat with Sox fans all the time on cbssportsline. I meant no harm to the guy.

I agree! he didn't mean anything about it...That red sox fan is fine by me and I think we all enjoy him on here. he has been extremely respectful and it was simply a joke

I actually didn't see a disparaging post to incite that call for Politically correctness towards our Red Sox fan- so I agree with you there.. but I think we can agree- the guy has been pretty cool and for that- I give him props for showing a different version of the Red Sox fans we are used to dealing with at the Yard, or on the streets.

Yeah, so no personal insults should be thrown. I'm just saying that on an Orioles fan board it should be open season on our sworn enemies up the interstate regardless of who hears us.

I'm partial: I can't stand "Skankees" or "Red Sux" or whathaveyou. They're not clever. And - coming from a team with 11 straight losing seasons - it seems like sour grapes to use them. And, no, "spewing venom and hatred" isn't being rude, it's just useless. But who am I to judge anyone's pursuit of uselessness?

I'm not a mod. I'm just trying to apply normative pressure to establish my preferences as a baseline. Feel free to ignore it.

Well, I'll give you this much, whatever you call other teams, it's bound to sound like something out of a graduate class.

:)

They'll always be the "Sux" to me. I'm sorry but I hate the Red Sox with an extreme passion and always will.

Exactly.

Some have been saying it for years on here... and now the only decent Red Sox fan i've read on here shows up and now we shouldn't say "Red Sux?"

Well, that Sux!

For the record, I agree with Lucky Jim, it is useless... However, a lot of stuff fans do is useless. Like checking OH 100 times a day to see if the story's broke yet-as if refreshing every 5 minutes makes him sign sooner.

Thanks for the sentiment. Once again, the great majority of O's fans are classy and great fans. As for the use of the term, "Red Sux," speaking for myself, I don't take offense.

Especially given the many vile names many of my fellow Sox fans have for those pin-striped chaps playing to the south of us. :clap3:

Now THERE's something we can undoubtedly agree on. :beerchug1:

I'm partial: I can't stand "Skankees" or "Red Sux" or whathaveyou. They're not clever. And - coming from a team with 11 straight losing seasons - it seems like sour grapes to use them. And, no, "spewing venom and hatred" isn't being rude, it's just useless. But who am I to judge anyone's pursuit of uselessness?

I'm not a mod. I'm just trying to apply normative pressure to establish my preferences as a baseline. Feel free to ignore it.

I am on the same page with that. It's the sort of thing you hear in the 4th grade at the playground. And from sports fanatics on fan boards. It's distracting and useless. And almost always harmless.

Actually, he said he is good friends with both an O's top 10 prospect and someone in the front office.

That is good enough for me. Welcome back to Baltimore Big Tex. If only the season started tomorrow too. I am ready to rock the yard.

Archived