ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

Can someone give us the Readers Digest so we don't have to rip through 50+ threads?

Thank you.

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead. Tom Cruise looks ridiculous pretending he knows how to eat steamed crabs. And we know virtually nothing about where Mark Teixeira may sign.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to disagree but if Duquette were given the same parameters to opertate under as AM has been given by PGA he would have done just fine.

PGA a major difference here.

I don't know if I'd agree considering some of the contracts he did give out... Not the best use of available payroll resources (bullpen arms to bad contracts) IMO.

Wha? Some people on this board are beyond clueless sometimes. For 34 years the O's were the only game in town in DC. They were on TV every night (HTS/Comcast/MASN). They were on the town's biggest radio station (WTOP). Their highlights were shown first during the sports report on every local newscast. Pretty sure people in the DC area have a pretty good grasp of the sport. It's not Idaho.

Having said that, I can't imagine Tex would go to the Nats. It just doesn't make sense. The O's have them on the geography. The Sox and Angels have them on winning. Even with the biggest offer it's beyond a big-time stretch

That's understandable, but you also have to figure in the success of the Redskins during that time and the fact that the Senators leaving DC probably left a really bitter taste in most people's mouths and caused them to stay away from baseball for a while and thusly, lose connection to the game.

fanball.com has a report tonight that says Peter Gammons is reporting Tex is inching closer to signing with the Red Sox or Angels. Not a single word about the Orioles.

That's been covered earlier in the thread. The Angels also basically conceded defeat in the whole thing. Plus, I think it was the Sox and Nats, not the Angels.

BTW, the avatar was something I did drunk on the beach during Thanksgiving week. It was still cold, even in Florida. lol

Angels: Teixeira edgins closer to a decision The News

Mark Teixeira is very close to making a decision, according to ESPN's Peter Gammons. Gammons stated that it's down to the Red Sox and Angels unless the Nationals can blow him away with a deal. Gammons also said that the Yankees are only in on Teixeira to drive up the price for the Red Sox, which is what Boston did to New York during the CC Sabathia negotiations.

fanball.com has a report tonight that says Peter Gammons is reporting Tex is inching closer to signing with the Red Sox or Angels. Not a single word about the Orioles.

That's the same thing that Peter Gammons said hours and hours ago. It's probably the same report. ;)

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead. Tom Cruise looks ridiculous pretending he knows how to eat steamed crabs. And we know virtually nothing about where Mark Teixeira may sign.
Edgar Allen Poe died of Rabies...

And 9 months out of the year it rains in Seattle...

Why do I have this weird feeling that the Angels might just go all in and blow him away with an offer? Out of all the contenders, they really need him more than any other.

I know they are saying they are changing their focus to Manny, but sometimes, well...teams don't always say what's true.

Why do I have this weird feeling that the Angels might just go all in and blow him away with an offer? Out of all the contenders, they really need him more than any other.

I know they are saying they are changing their focus to Manny, but sometimes, well...teams don't always say what's true.

I still have a weird feeling that he signs with D.C. Feelings are weird. I don't like feelings. In fact, I think I'm going to go drink until I can't feel feelings anymore.

Archived