Tex signed?

Old Beta

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When did 7117 become an insider?

He really hasn't become one, at least not officially. He's posted a number of times in the Tex I/II/III/IV threads, and hasn't been torn down yet. From his posts, IIRC, he said he's friends with a O's prospect and knows someone in the FO. I believe Frobby vouched for the guy indeed knowing the prospect, but I don't think anyone has confirmed he knows a FO guy.

All of that said, his posts haven't seemed bogus in tone - if he's just yanking our collective chain, he's presenting it well. Also, if he's just been trying to get a reaction, he's certainly "slow-playing it" and there's not much of an audience at 3am.

Personally, I'm just taking it as another possible rumor just like the others. He seems sincere and hopefully, there's truth behind it, but to my knowledge, he hasn't been 'vetted' yet.

spanky69 posted:

Well, the Orioles Hangout forums have already crashed again with this news

Zomodok posted:

i want to register and post an "o's sign teix!!!!!!" thread with a link to a broken website just to see how many pages I could get.

Nodoze posted:

rickroll them

No disrespect to 7117, but the above is from SA so let's not let our hopeful anticipation make fools of us all. Not everyone thinks kindly of us.

However, if Belky or BB confirms, by all means, go apey.

No disrespect to 7117, but the above is from SA so let's not let our hopeful anticipation make fools of us all. Not everyone thinks kindly of us.

However, if Belky or BB confirms, by all means, go apey.

Where did this stuff come from? Do these people actually sit around dreaming up ways to screw with people like this? Unreal! God forbod a bunch of Orioles fans just want to hangout and have some fun!

Sorry, guys/gals, I'll believe it when I see the press conference announced.
Seriously. It's like nobody learns from past "mistakes." Or never learned "never count your chickens before they've hatched."
Sorry, but I am not falling for this, not buying it for a second. I simply do not believe that if we have signed him, that this team would not be hitting every outlet as soon as the ink dried to say, "look, we outbid you and signed him!". Nah, this is nothing but a rumor at this point. Take it with a grain of salt.

Wasn't Roberts "traded" twice last offseason?

He really hasn't become one, at least not officially. He's posted a number of times in the Tex I/II/III/IV threads, and hasn't been torn down yet. From his posts, IIRC, he said he's friends with a O's prospect and knows someone in the FO. I believe Frobby vouched for the guy indeed knowing the prospect, but I don't think anyone has confirmed he knows a FO guy.

All of that said, his posts haven't seemed bogus in tone - if he's just yanking our collective chain, he's presenting it well. Also, if he's just been trying to get a reaction, he's certainly "slow-playing it" and there's not much of an audience at 3am.

Personally, I'm just taking it as another possible rumor just like the others. He seems sincere and hopefully, there's truth behind it, but to my knowledge, he hasn't been 'vetted' yet.

At one point, 7117 seems to have "outed" his contact. Seems to be to a prospect whose name rhymes with Snandon Bryder:

I'm a friend of Brandon's and he only has issues with the one shoulder, not both. He also is at 100% and sounds as if he's ready to turn some heads in the upcoming season.

And elsewhere:

He didn't mention which position he prefers the last time I talked to him but it's my personal opinion from playing ball with him for years that he could easily handle either position. He's got the range and arm for third, and the hands for first. Personally, it sounds like it would make sense if Rowell's projections come true that he should be moved over to first as its a more demanding offensive position (not to mention his 6'5? frame), and Brando would be slated in at 3B.

Archived