The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

Yeah they have a list of all the bigger players to wear Yankees unis. Pretty interesting read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/081217

lol..

10. Sidney Ponson. Although barely an afterthought in Yankees history, Ponson turns out to be a formidable pin baron. Based on these photos, he almost certainly led the team in stripes last season, with a total that may have cracked the hallowed mark of 60. We might need a side-by-side comparison with Sabathia, here, assuming we could fit both jerseys in the same room. Advantage: Sabathia, pending further investigation.

I hate characters.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gammons just on SVP show on ESPNradio didn't mention the Orioles for Tex. Said he thought it would wrap up in next 24 hours and none of the teams know what is going on, giving credit to Boras. SVP said he felt that Tex would be better off going to a place where he wouldn't need to be the guy, citing Bmore and Washington as places where pressure would be placed on him.

I am not complaining or whining about the coverage. Just paraphrasing what I heard.

Even being put into the Boston lineup with Ortiz, Youklis, Pedroia, and others, when you're making the kind of money he'll be making you're going to be THE GUY. Granted coming here there's more pressure on him in terms of improving our losing record, but any player making $20+ million will immediately become focal point of the fan base. We don't have the same name recognition, but our starting lineup provides at least a comparable level of protection so that there isn't too much pressure on him to always deliver. The same cannot be said, I believe, about the Nats. Tex seems like a guy who doesn't want to be THE GUY at all times, but when you sign this type of contract you emerge in that role regardless.

Yeah they have a list of all the bigger players to wear Yankees unis. Pretty interesting read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/081217

Someone was talking about how ESPN covered the Red Sox and Yanks cause they're big market/winning/blah blah.

This is the exact type of junk I'm talking about. They are obsessed with everything New York and Boston. How come there weren't stories of was Manny the Dodger with the longest dreadlocks when he was traded?

Someone was talking about how ESPN covered the Red Sox and Yanks cause they're big market/winning/blah blah.

This is the exact type of junk I'm talking about. They are obsessed with everything New York and Boston. How come there weren't stories of was Manny the Dodger with the longest dreadlocks when he was traded?

Exactly. Apparently I'm the only one who didn't know about the Red Sox logo changes. They had a huge article on that as well.

The media was probably to worried about when will Manny cut his hair and is he up to his same routine.

Sorry for the change of pace here.....

But the Yankees press conference is going on where they are introducing CC and AJ and it is just sickening.

They have so much going for them it makes me sick. The new stadium, tons of money....BLAH

Come on AM, lets shake things up in the AL east. Go get Tex. PPPPPlleease I cannot take this ESPN garbabe love fest anymore with the Sox and Yanks.

It must end..........

(Sorry for the rant)

If it makes you feel any better, Burnett probably tore his hammy walking up to the podium.

It is just the nature of the beast. Yanks - Sox coverage I am sure gets them better ratings and more web hits. As does the Cowboys, Steelers, and Lakers, Knicks, and Celtics.

Nothing we can do about it, other than not watch.

It is brutal and it sucks, but it is reality.

I think baseball really needs to reaccess its economic structure. Small market teams will really have to, and have to now, catch lightning in a bottle. The Rays were fortunate, but how many teams can continue to lose money and wait ten years until they are competitive like the Rays???

Not many.

Between all the coverage of the Yanks and Sox, and the way the game is structured ecomonically and the way the teams are viewed through the media.....It is a tough pill to swallow.

All the while, I think the Orioles can compete with the big dogs. Maybe not to the same extent in terms of salaries year in and year out....

But do not be fooled, the Orioles have the means and should continue to have the means to get this turned around and to keep them good for a long time IMO.

It is just the nature of the beast. Yanks - Sox coverage I am sure gets them better ratings and more web hits. As does the Cowboys, Steelers, and Lakers, Knicks, and Celtics.

Nothing we can do about it, other than not watch.

It is brutal and it sucks, but it is reality.

I think baseball really needs to reaccess its economic structure. Small market teams will really have to, and have to now, catch lightning in a bottle. The Rays were fortunate, but how many teams can continue to lose money and wait ten years until they are competitive like the Rays???

Not many.

Between all the coverage of the Yanks and Sox, and the way the game is structured ecomonically and the way the teams are viewed through the media.....It is a tough pill to swallow.

All the while, I think the Orioles can compete with the big dogs. Maybe not to the same extent.

But do not be fooled, the Orioles have the means and should continue to have the means to get this turned around and to keep them good for a long time IMO.

Salary Cap *cough* Salary Cap...

Archived