The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is just the nature of the beast. Yanks - Sox coverage I am sure gets them better ratings and more web hits. As does the Cowboys, Steelers, and Lakers, Knicks, and Celtics.

Nothing we can do about it, other than not watch.

It is brutal and it sucks, but it is reality.

I think baseball really needs to reaccess its economic structure. Small market teams will really have to, and have to now, catch lightning in a bottle. The Rays were fortunate, but how many teams can continue to lose money and wait ten years until they are competitive like the Rays???

Not many.

Between all the coverage of the Yanks and Sox, and the way the game is structured ecomonically and the way the teams are viewed through the media.....It is a tough pill to swallow.

All the while, I think the Orioles can compete with the big dogs. Maybe not to the same extent in terms of salaries year in and year out....

But do not be fooled, the Orioles have the means and should continue to have the means to get this turned around and to keep them good for a long time IMO.

Yah I pretty much don't watch ESPN any more. I pretty much look at ESPN as another MTV. It's just dumb any more. got away from the roots.

On the other hand...I'm hoping the new MLB channel coming next year will be better, guess will have to wait and see...

Yah I pretty much don't watch ESPN any more. I pretty much look at ESPN as another MTV. It's just dumb any more. got away from the roots.

On the other hand...I'm hoping the new MLB channel coming next year will be better, guess will have to wait and see...

Yeah, I can't wait! January 1, 2009 MLB Network begins airing!

Regarding Teix's numbers at OPACY in 2008 and projections...Teix won't have Waters and Burres serving him up 85 mph heaters to tee off on.

Back when he was frequently visiting OPACY, he was teeing off the likes of Bruce Chen, Rodrigo Lopez, and Russ Ortiz ;)

Good times

Maybe so, but it certainly levels the playing field... look how well it works in the NFL...

They would just put more money into player development. You will always be chasing this problem. The NFL doesn't have development machines the way MLB teams do.

Does this remind anyone else of the story 'Twas a Night Before Christmas'?

You know, no one was stirring not even a mouse!?!?!? It seems like this could be the calm before the big event!

The quieter it stays today the more I think that Tex is making his final decision and Boras will make a phone call late tonight or tomorrow.

They would just put more money into player development. You will always be chasing this problem. The NFL doesn't have development machines the way MLB teams do.

NFL has scouting. Then also spend money on film rooms, weight rooms, etc etc. I am sure there are some advantages that the richer owners in the NFL have over the smaller owners.

I remember Modell said something about when Biscotti bought into the team it allowed them to get free agents like Sharpe, because of the influx of money. It also had something to do with signing bonuses.

Def hoping the MLB Network will be fair and balanced.

It should be, if every team is given fairly equal coverage, the overall viewership would go up, at least you would think.

I am really excited for this channel.

I don't know about how fair and balanced the MLB network is going to be. They already have a Red Sox special in the offing, per Wikipedia

Red Sox Memories A Five Part Series Looking Back at the Greatest Players, Teams and Moments from Red Sox History.

Archived