Since no one ever sits in the front two seats behind home plate at the Yard...

Natty

Looks so pitiful that no one has ever sat in the first two seats behind the plate that is shown on TV for every pitch. 

I propose cardboard cut outs. We should start with Cal and Eddie. 

There are people there plenty though I do agree it seems like they've been empty a lot this year.

My uncle worked at WBAL for a long time, and they had the seats right behind the plate for a while.  Every now and again he'd get them let my mom and I have them.  Got to see some of my heroes as a kid up close and personal in those seats, though I didn't really appreciate how good the seats were at the time.  I remember seeing Bo Jackson, and clearly heraring Brian McRae asking the ump "was that a strike", and seeing Tim Salmon and Jim Edmonds 4 feet away doing soft toss. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Natty said:

Looks so pitiful that no one has ever sat in the first two seats behind the plate that is shown on TV for every pitch. 

I propose cardboard cut outs. We should start with Cal and Eddie. 

Are they the Angelos brothers' seats?  Could anyone just "move down" to these unclaimed seats?

I confess you guys are more observant than me.  I’ve never noticed that those seats are always empty.  But I’m not usually paying much attention to who’s in the stands, unless there’s a good looking woman I happen to see.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Are they the Angelos brothers' seats?  Could anyone just "move down" to these unclaimed seats?

A number of times on TV I've seen people sit down in those seats and the usher usually comes over quickly and removes them.