Offending A Twitter Community

cboemmeljr

2 hours ago, cboemmeljr said:

BSLTheVerge liked his post back to you? Seems like the Fan boys are mad at you! :D Makes more sense now. 

I typically don't get involved with twitteriots like him, but if he wanted to talk numbers, at least he could get them right. We have over 20,000 members on the message board not the 500 he claimed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

BSLTheVerge liked his post back to you? Seems like the Fan boys are mad at you! :D Makes more sense now. 

I typically don't get involved with twitteriots like him, but if he wanted to talk numbers, at least he could get them right. We have over 20,000 members on the message board not the 500 he claimed. 

Yes, BSLTheVerge liked the post.

What I don't know - who urinated in Cody's cornflakes?  What I do know - Chuck works his derriere off providing summaries which I enjoy every day.  I appreciate the effort.

What I don't know - how to set up a Twitter account.  What I do know - my life hasn't ended.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, HbgOsFan said:

What I don't know - who urinated in Cody's cornflakes?  What I do know - Chuck works his derriere off providing summaries which I enjoy every day.  I appreciate the effort.

What I don't know - how to set up a Twitter account.  What I do know - my life hasn't ended.

I am so glad that your life hasn't ended.

I appreciate the kind words.

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

Well, that’s disappointing.   

That was most frustrating.  Why did they like it?  I don't do a podcast that competes with them.  I would never do that to another site; I have too much respect for the work we do and what goes into it to put another one down or enjoy it.

11 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

That was most frustrating.  Why did they like it?  I don't do a podcast that competes with them.  I would never do that to another site; I have too much respect for the work we do and what goes into it to put another one down or enjoy it.

Agree, that's a lot more disappointing than some random Twitter guy.  I enjoy The Verge podcast, not sure who was responsible for that.

All that said, though, seriously man, don't even give it another thought.  You do good work here and it's appreciated.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

Agree, that's a lot more disappointing than some random Twitter guy.  I enjoy The Verge podcast, not sure who was responsible for that.

All that said, though, seriously man, don't even give it another thought.  You do good work here and it's appreciated.  

Thanks, I appreciate that.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:40 AM, Frobby said:

I have managed to live in modern society without having a Twitter account.  There are times I miss out on things but mostly what I miss out on is a lot of negativity and rudeness.   

It is annoying though that Twitter now doesn’t allow non-members lurkers to scroll past about five tweets on an account.   I do occasionally look at highlights and such.

I'm right there with you. I likely wouldn't know how to use it if I tried but I'm not a big social media guy anyway. Echo chambers annoy me.