Moves coming soon?

Legend_Of_Joey

It might be slightly early, but this is around the time we usually see some “significant” moves between the MiLB levels. 

“Significant” mainly referring to permanent moves involving non-org guys. 

Granted, moves at the very top would likely help create a ripple effect, but there could (should) be some shuffling. Who would you like to realistically see moved around? 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Isn’t it better to let guys get everyday ABs instead of just sitting on the bench?

Yes, but who being promoted would sit on a bench. Obviously you can't put Prieto in AA without moving someone because SS/middle infield is stacked there. But otherwise, a promotion to AAA for Henderson wouldn't lose him ABs, it would lose Martin and Greiner ABs, but neither are real prospects anyway and if either have a role in the Majors it's off the bench in a utility role so might as well get them used to that in the minors, too. 

A normal time and inevitable time for moves will be in July after the draft.  Assuming a fair number of college position players are drafted that would be a normal time for Delmarva players to be promoted but it's hard to see anyone outside of Hernaiz who deserves it.   

12 hours ago, bpilktree said:

Martin to majors and Owings DFA. 

I think I would slightly prefer Martin to Owings. Neither really brings much. The only reason I say Marting to the bigs is to free up space at AAA. Other than that I don't care. 

Of all possible moves I think Pierto is most logical and pressing.  Either he goes straight to AAA which could be absorbed without any other significant moves, or he goes to AA, in which case a move would need to be made with Henderson most likely.