Memorial Day Night: Finale of 5 game series in Boston

SteveA

5 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Wow! Why is McKenna and Owings still on this team!? They're HORRIBLE!

McKenna brings speed and defense plus he's a legit backup outfielder that can play all three outfield positions. Not saying that's enough to justify a roster spot, but at least it's something. 

Owings signing I've never understood since it was announced during the offseason and his play has backed that up. 

7 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Wow! Why is McKenna and Owings still on this team!? They're HORRIBLE!

McKenna only had 22 at bats this month coming into tonight. If he catches ball he can be useful. Rough night at the plate. Owings doesn’t play much.  And yes he McKenna did have 33 at bats at AAA. Still he isn’t playing much. 

• Upvote 1

This was a really good game for Adley.  Confidence builder.

Not that he needs that, but this is the first time I saw pretty much everything go really well for him, and here at the end of the 8th he looks really comfortable. 

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

McKenna brings speed and defense plus he's a legit backup outfielder that can play all three positions. Not saying that's enough to justify a roster spot, but at least it's something. 

Owings signing I've never understood since it was announced during the offseason and his play has backed that up. 

I think he is there because they are using the regulars so much they don’t want to burn a spot on a younger player who would rot on bench. 

4 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

I actually haven't seen that one. I'm going to watch it after the game. Thank you! 

The original from the 50s/60s was really good.

A remake in the 70s?/80s? with I believe Leonard Nimoy in it maybe?   Was not so good imho.

And I think there has been another remake in the last 25 years or so.

Now I'll go googling and see how inaccurate my memory actually is.