The FCL thread 2022

Frobby

23 minutes ago, 86this said:

Up until the point where the most recent college draftees move up to Low-A Delmarva, if at all.  Could there be an outside chance Jackson Holliday moves up with them?

Last year most of our top draftees were sent to Delmarva about 15 days after getting to the FCL.  So, I’d imagine this group will play this upcoming week in the FCL and then could get moved.  I’m guessing Holliday stays down a little longer.  

With all of the college outfielders going to Delmarva, Stiven Acevedo goes back down to FCL Orioles.   Could have probably had a big season in FCL but they challenged him at Delmarva and he definitely needs another year there.   Deson too but Deson looks to have survived, for now.

6 minutes ago, waynebug said:

Maikol Hernandez playing 2nd today.

Holliday at Short.  

You can take Hernandez off your prospect lists, if you haven't already.

Sure, he doesn't probably belong on a top 30 but the Orioles apparently still believe in him.   Batting him 1st, trying to get him going.   I'll give up on him next year if he's 19 and still not hitting in the FCL.

Lots of our 2022 pitching draft picks/ signees debuted today:

5th rounder Trace Bright 2 scoreless innings, 4 K’s

Undrafted Trey Nordmann 1 scoreless 1 K

10th rounder Wyatt Cheney 1 scoreless 2 K’s

16th rounder Graham Fioved 1 inning 1 run

7th rounder Preston Johnson 0.2 scoreless 

Undrafted Hunter Nierman 1 scoreless 2 K’s   

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2022 at 6:42 PM, DocJJ said:

Anthony Servideo 0-5 with 5 K’s,  😱

reminds me of when I used to play!

I've been following Servideo's rehab and it definitely seems like he's still not right. He's always run really high OBP numbers and relatively low K rates, so either he's real rusty or he's not feeling 100% for him to be flailing like this in the FCL

2 hours ago, CharmCityHokie said:

I've been following Servideo's rehab and it definitely seems like he's still not right. He's always run really high OBP numbers and relatively low K rates, so either he's real rusty or he's not feeling 100% for him to be flailing like this in the FCL

Agreed.  Starting to feel sorry for Servideo.   He had strikeout issues at Delmarva last year but he was interesting based on his walk rate and he was starting to put it together a little bit.   He's been hurt since and he has really struggled at the lowest rung in the system.   

• Upvote 1

I hadn’t realized it, but today is the final game of the FCL season.  The O’s play the Pirates at 10:00 am, and that’s it.   I wonder if anyone will move up to Delmarva, which plays until Sept. 11.   Sammy Basallo and Anderson De Los Santos seem like the most likely candidates.  Possibly Stiven Acevedo, who spent some time there already and was demoted when the college draftees arrived.  

I hadn’t realized it, but today is the final game of the FCL season.  The O’s play the Pirates at 10:00 am, and that’s it.   I wonder if anyone will move up to Delmarva, which plays until Sept. 11.   Sammy Basallo and Anderson De Los Santos seem like the most likely candidates.  Possibly Stiven Acevedo, who spent some time there already and was demoted when the college draftees arrived.  

The pitching down there has been a barren wasteland.  The team ERA is 6.68 and only one pitcher threw at least 20 innings to an ERA under 5.00 (19-year old Harol Arias at 4.79).    

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

The pitching down there has been a barren wasteland.  The team ERA is 6.68 and only one pitcher threw at least 20 innings to an ERA under 5.00 (19-year old Harol Arias at 4.79).    

Hopefully the guys you mentioned go up. Plus, Holliday and Young. I see no reason to shut them down.  There’s still 3 weeks of baseball to be played in Delmarva.