Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

13 minutes ago, LTO's said:

If they owned the Nashville Orioles it would immediately make her a star! Just like James Dolan and his band!

Music biz is tough to break into.   A lot of talented folks trying to gain a foothold...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I just want the Orioles to be owned by a stable ownership group for the first in forever. 

I deal with reality.   The reality is that they did the right thing by hiring Elias and running the player development and amateur acquisition the right way.   Whether they spend money in the next 2-3 years, I'm not going to worry about now.   Talk is cheap on both sides.

3 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Agree, but as a fan, for the last ~25 years my two favorite teams have had D and F owners. Terrible.

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm right there with you.  It's awful.  

Easy solution is to just never watch the NFL anymore.  Peter Angelos has made being an Orioles fan difficult, but because of Dan Snyder's ownership I would literally rather watch cricket, curling, bobsled or fourth division German soccer than the Commanders. No exaggeration whatsoever.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

By the way, has anyone pointed out that it should be "Feud", not "Fued"?

The thread has gone off the rails, because it was originally about the First Unit Equipped Date (FUED), kind of like IOC, with regards to the contract awarded by the Angelos family for team uniforms in '94. I don't know where all this Nashville stuff has come from.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Easy solution is to just never watch the NFL anymore.  Peter Angelos has made being an Orioles fan difficult, but because of Dan Snyder's ownership I would literally rather watch cricket, curling, bobsled or fourth division German soccer than the Commanders. No exaggeration whatsoever.

I can't quit it that easily.   I've vowed to simply outlast Dan Snyder.  I will flat out just outlast him.  

I'm 40 years old and in great shape.  He's 57 years and looks like a sack of battered ****.  I will just outlast him.  

I've also vowed never to buy any of their gear until he sells or kicks the bucket.  Their new stuff looks like ass anyway, but whatever.  I'm not spending a dime on that franchise in any fashion until he's gone.  I'll watch games on Sundays and that's it.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Music biz is tough to break into.   A lot of talented folks trying to gain a foothold...

Looks to be a prime candidate for her publishing company.  I'm sure he could start his career with a bang under her tutelage.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

By the way, has anyone pointed out that it should be "Feud", not "Fued"?

I almost did but I don't want to be that guy.  However, every time I see the title of the thread it makes me twitch.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I can't quit it that easily.   I've vowed to simply outlast Dan Snyder.  I will flat out just outlast him.  

I'm 40 years old and in great shape.  He's 57 years and looks like a sack of battered ****.  I will just outlast him.  

I've also vowed never to buy any of their gear until he sells or kicks the bucket.  Their new stuff looks like ass anyway, but whatever.  I'm not spending a dime on that franchise in any fashion until he's gone.  I'll watch games on Sundays and that's it.  

Honestly with the ways professional sports tries to squeeze money out of fans, I think this is a wise approach in supporting your team(s). And if you're watching on television, you're already adding to the bottom line by helping maximize television contract revenues. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Honestly with the ways professional sports tries to squeeze money out of fans, I think this is a wise approach in supporting your team(s). And if you're watching on television, you're already adding to the bottom line by helping maximize television contract revenues. 

Yeah, I can't avoid adding to their bottom lines by watching.  

Honestly, giving up the gear is pretty easy.  I think most officially licensed team gear looks terrible.  I can't remember the last time I purchased anything Orioles/Skins related and I'm completely fine with it.  

I don't mind going to Camden Yards once a year to catch a game because no matter how crappy the team is, it's still Camden Yards.  But Fed Ex just has no redeeming qualities at all.  Add that to Dan Snyder being the worst owner in sports, there's no reason to go.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Because its where he lives.  Its where his wife wants to be.  They want her to build her country music career.  

Ultimately, I think he wants to sell more than anything but if given the option of staying here to taking the team to Nashville, I think he would move in a heartbeat.

I assume that a chunk of the sales funds have to go to Lou.  If anything, I would guess that Lou wants to sell even more.  I'm guessing that Lou heads up the Angelos firm now.  Does anyone believe he wants all his inheritance locked up with the O's indefinitely. 

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You keep fighting that good fight, I've got to go find out when the first Unterhaching offseason scrimmage is.

I can't imagine a scenario where I'd buy NFL merchandise that doesn't involve Roger Goodell holding my family hostage.

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I assume that a chunk of the sales funds have to go to Lou.  If anything, I would guess that Lou wants to sell even more.  I'm guessing that Lou heads up the Angelos firm now.  Does anyone believe he wants all his inheritance locked up with the O's indefinitely. 

Well, according to the law suit, Lou and Georgia wanted to sell and had a deal a few years ago.  If what I have heard about Johns finances is true, I am sure he wants to hold out for every last dollar and waiting until after daddy dies will help with that.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You keep fighting that good fight, I've got to go find out when the first Unterhaching offseason scrimmage is.

I can't imagine a scenario where I'd buy NFL merchandise that doesn't involve Roger Goodell holding my family hostage.

I do like some 3rd party gear.  I've found a couple of local stores that have burgundy and gold tshirts that I'd consider for the fall.  

But overall, I agree with you in regards to NFL merchandise.  Adults wearing football jerseys should be drawn and quartered.

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

But Fed Ex just has no redeeming qualities at all.

As far as we know it's structurally sound.  It's somewhat unlikely to kill you if you somehow can afford hundreds for a ticket, $70 to park and $15 for a Miller Lite, and don't mind the two hour wait to get out of the parking lot.

That's all I've got.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I do like some 3rd party gear.  I've found a couple of local stores that have burgundy and gold tshirts that I'd consider for the fall.  

But overall, I agree with you in regards to NFL merchandise.  Adults wearing football jerseys should be drawn and quartered.

Wearing them to the game, a football party or out to a bar to watch a game is fine with me.

Any other setting is very odd.